one

Disclaimer: I do not own Harry Potter or any of its characters. Anyone you do not recognize was created by me but other than that the rights to the magical series and all of its content rightfully belong to the lovely JK Rowling.

Chapter One: Pure Blood

Theia Gaunt sat grudgingly in the sitting room of Malfoy Manor at precisely too early in the morning. If it weren't for her loyal bloody father, who always insisted on being at these ridiculous meetings on time, she would be asleep at this very moment. Life, however, wasn't fair as it seemed to remind her on a daily basis and to be quite frank she was growing tired of it.

Instead of doing anything productive, as if there was really anything to do in the horrid place the Malfoys call a home-- it was much too dark and cold for her liking-- she just sat quietly with her back pin straight and arms folded across her chest.

This was how the ever infuriating wanker, Lucias Malfoy, found her. His mere presence goading at her wearing patience.

"What exactly is it that you're staring at?" Theia snapped, a blonde curl falling into her eyes to which she quickly brushed away.

She watched as a smirk grew on Lucius' face. He always enjoyed getting a rise out of her, the tosser. They had known each other for the better part of their whole lives, and she still couldn't stand to be around him to this day. He was like a pesky fly: no matter how many times you shooed it away it always came back.

"Is it a crime now to stare?" He asked her, mirth dancing in his stormy grey eyes. "I wasn't aware, my mistake." He laughed.

Theia rolled her eyes at the platinum blonde boy. "Is that really the best you've got?"

"Oh no Theia, love, I'm only getting started." He retorted. Within a blink he had strode over and plopped himself beside the annoyed girl.

"But really," he continued. "Would it kill you to smile at all? You always look as if you're ready to commit murder."

Theia scowled, "The thought has crossed my mind on countless occasions."

The Slytherin boy shrugged his shoulders and draped his arm on the sofa. "What do you think they're talking about?" He asked her, nodding towards the room where their parents had locked themselves into earlier.

She honestly hadn't a clue, nor did she really care. Knowing the mentality of death eaters it probably wasn't anything good so she didn't bother with the specifics. Truth be told her father wouldn't talk about it around her anyway. All of the meetings were strictly for those who bare his mark-- Theia still hadn't received hers yet. She didn't want it either.

"What does it matter?" She muttered, not really in the mood to converse with the pretentious, pale faced boy.

"Well, I don't really know, I'm just curious really." Lucius answered.

"It's none of our business." Theia shot at him. "If they wanted us to know we would be a part of it."

She watched as Lucius's lips twitched up into a ghost of a smile, which it only did when he was hiding something. "I suppose you're correct, but don't tell me you've never wondered--"

"I haven't--"

"At all?"

Theia squeezed her eyes shut, she wasn't exactly chipper this morning and she got the feeling that if he continued she might do something to him the Dark Lord would approve of.  "Look, Malfoy. Whatever this meeting is about, it's nothing good. You-Know-Who is gaining more followers by the day, that part is obvious, and to be quite blatant with you, I don't really care much for my father or his companions antics."