Chapter 14

A Thug's Only Love: Chapter 14

~Chanelle P.O.V~
~September 15th~

"Nelle? You aight?" He gently kissed my temple in a gesture to try to calm myself down.

"No. I'm pissed beyond belief." I snapped back. I didn't mean to snap at Lexis, since he isn't the cause of anything but just the thought of DeAnte makes my blood boil beneath my skin.

"Wanna talk about it?" His cool breath crashed against my neck and immediately sent chills down my spine. His voice was so soothing and comforting, it was hard not to be angry when his words we so soothing.

"DeAnte is my ex...And we had a bad relationship. Like it was a relationship that should have never been. An-"

I was cut off when I heard Jay open the front door.

"Aye DeAnte, what's good man I ain't see you for like a minute." I overheard J say.

"Fuck." I slipped through my teeth as I waited to hear what would follow in their conversation. Jay didn't know what went down between DeAnte and I. As far as Jay knows, DeAnte and I simply broke up with no hard feelings.

"So is Chanelle home?" DeAnte asked. I was praying Jay would say no, but that would only happen in a perfect world.

"Yeah, let me call her down, Nelle come down here! Jay called out.

"Lexis, I'll be right back up. Just chill up here for a few seconds." I kissed his cheek and headed downstairs.

"Wow Chanelle. You look amazing. You look better than the last time I saw you." DeAnte said has he was eyeing me with lust.

"Yeah. You look the same as I left you." I said coldly.

"Chanelle, can we talk for a moment?" He asked as he motioned for me to come sit next to him on the couch.

"Fine." As I said that I got a text from Lexis saying he had to go.

"So Chanelle what's new-" Lexis came walking down the stairs. DeAnte looked up at Lexis then down at me with confused eyes.

"Ma, I have to go. Varo needs me right quick." He walked over and gave me such a passionate kiss. I completely forgot there was other people in the house but his lips were just to die for at this point.

"Alright, come back over when you're done." I said once we parted away from each other. I stood up and walked him to the door.

"I will." He gave me one more kiss before walking out. I closed the door and was greeted by an unsatisfied DeAnte.

"So who is that?" DeAnte asked with nothing but a voice filled with jealousy.

"My boyfriend." I said as I walked to the armchair and sat on the edge of the armrest.

"Really? How long y'all been together?"

"A little over a month." I said as I pulled out my phone and smiled at a text Lexis had sent me. I'd say what the text was but y'all don't need to know what dirty shit he says to me.

"Oh..." A flash of hurt swept across his face as he looked down at his lap. I saw him trying to hide his anger and jealousy but there was just no use to that.

"You have a girlfriend?" I asked to try to avoid any awkward silences. Where the hell did Jay go? Where was BV too?

"I was with a girl named Karina, but I broke up with that broad. She was crazy." He said with a little chuckle. I'm guessing this Karina was the one freshman that the guys all laughed about when that one girl tried to get with Lexis over Instagram.