Sweet Encounters

_Prologue_

_____________________

Alex coughs when a round of dust fogs up the air after she drops a box filled with metal pots onto the metal sink, she instinctively covered up her mouth with her left hand to stop herself from chocking. 'How hold is this place?', she asked herself, while trying to desperately catch her breath.

The sound of high heels hitting the tiled floor met her ears and she looked up from the muddy floor to see her best friend Enna. Enna gestured towards her long red baggy t-shirt and black skinny jeans as if to say that she made the right choice in clothing. Her ashe blonde hair is pushed back into a high pony tail and her dark green side bangs are bobby pinned out of her face. "Okay", she clapped her hands together. "Where do we start!", she yelled in excitement. 

Alex pointed at the black shelf behind Enna that is filled with cobwebs, and before her best friend could protest she was on her feet and standing beside Enna with a duster in her left hand. "Here you go", she sang happily.

"Here you go", Enna mocked her, before she swiped the duster away from Alex.

An hour into cleaning Alex let out a girlish squeal, and a rat came running out from underneath the oven before it hissed at her. Enna grabbed a hold of the plastic red broom and whacked the rat with it "Don't be hissing at my friend!!", she cried angrily. Alex tried her best not to laugh at how ridiculous Enna looked but she couldn't help it with how her brown eyes went cross-sided, and her hair looks like a rake was dragged through it. She hopped up onto the kitchen counter and held onto her stomach while she left out fits and fits of laughter. Her feet kept on hitting and hitting the metallic door that no one seemed to notice..

Until now.

"Crash!" Alex fell onto her side from too much laughter at how Enna just ran straight into the shelf, and how the rat squeaked in laughter as if he knew what he had just done. 

"Thunk!" Enna stopped cursing under breath, she let out a low whimper "Alex, what was that?"

That got Alex to shut up "I thought...that was you?", she asked her in a shaky voice. Enna shook her head in response. Alex hopped off of the counter and she smiled cheekily at Enna when she saw that a door had opened up. 

"It must be a dishwasher that opened up, I must have kicked it open by accident", she admitted. Curious Enna rushed over to Alex before she squated down and reached inside of the door, and she pulled out a red velvet box that had nothing on it. 

"So much for treasure", she said unhappily. 

"Open it up idiot". Enna did as she said and they stared at the object in the box in deep confusion. 

"Why would they put a-"

Enna cut her off by spitting out "Dragonfly in here?"

The girls exchanged a look because even though they had no idea what this had meant; they both knew that the new object was now their's to keep. 

______________________________________________________________________

Any guess' on what that means? ;)