Chapter 1- Sticks and Stones

Niall:

"You're freaking gay, Justin!" Someone shouts from the courtyard.

I pull my jacket tighter around my shoulders and trudge on as they all laugh like it was the best joke they had ever head.

"Hey there he is!" Brock call

God please no, can't they just leave me alone for one day. I silently pray but I already know that answer. I duck my head down and quicken my pace.

"Hey fag." One of his henchmen snarled. "Henchmen" is putting it nicely. They follow Brock around like he's some holy god.

"How's our favorite little homo on this fine morning?" Brock asks as he slings his heavy arm over my thin shoulders. Brock is big, he stands at about 6 feet 5 inches and he has big thick eyebrows with light brown eyes. His hair is thin and cut short. I hate him and even I can admit that he's attractive.

This whole thing started in my 6th year. Back when I figured out I was ...you know... Gay. Brock and I had actually been friends at one point until I tried to kiss him. Well I wouldn't say tried more of slipped? And my lips accidentally brushed his. Worst "slip" of my life.

"Leave me alone," I say weakly as my eyes meet his. His are burning a hole in my face.

"Hey I heard that Eric might have a crush on you!" Brock says completely ignoring my protest. All the boys around him to burst out in laughter. Great. Why did I even take this way? Oh yeah because I deserved it. I was a freak. It seemed like the only way to make up for being gay was to be bullied.

"Hey Brock, Lucy is looking for you." A voice calls out. My favorite voice on earth. I glance over Brock's shoulder to find a head of curly hair and dark brown eyes, Harry Styles. He doesn't know it but I was deeply in love with him, partly because of his looks and genuine humor but mostly because he didn't bully me like everyone else.

"Alright, thanks mate!" Brock said as he dropped his arm from my shoulders and called his friends to follow him.

"See you later homo!" Brock sneered.

I glanced up at Harry to see he was smiling at me. I flashed him a grateful glance before heading off to my classes. Harry and I didn't talk at school, but we actually did used to be best friends. Since Harry had a reputation as the top jock that every girl wanted I spared him the horror of getting seen talking to me. I guess he just assumed that I didn't talk much, which was true.

I made it through the first 3 classes without any harsh words which was usual and then I had a class with Brock which was hell because the teacher never paid any attention and I didn't have Harry to help me out.

I was so worn out by the end of the day I decided that there was no point in going to footie practice. Even though I would be missing out on seeing Harry shirtless I would also be missing out on Brock and his torturers . Which was a way higher plus for me.

I trudged into my house and tossed down my bag.

"Afternoon love." My mum called out.

"Hi mum." I said as I made my way into the kitchen and kissed her cheek.

"The Styles invited us over for dinner tomorrow night." She said.

"Great." I said trying to sound excited even though it would just end up being awkward for me.

Harry:

"Harry, can you set the table?" She asked.

"Mmhm." I said as I reached for the plates and started placing them on the table.