The Evans Plan

Next day
Gym

Troy is on fire! He moves around the court and passing the ball a few times till it gets back to him and he makes a perfect basket.

Science Lab

Gabriella is in the science classroom drilling her fellows.

"Zn4, and by doing that, you end up with two... and two. Got it?"

"Yes!" Taylor high fives the girl and couldn't be happier. Troy has now finished basketball practice and is getting ready to leave the locker room.

"What's happening?" Troy stops in front of a mirror and does a pose, then races out of the locker room. Gabriella is now showing her fellow a chemistry experiment.

"Guys, come here. Go ahead and put five grams of this in, and that causes it to change from an acidic state. Causing the color to change from pink to blue. Just like those pH test strips. (checks the clock) Oh, gotta go. See you guys later!" Gabriella takes off her goggles and apron and hangs them up as she leaves. We see Troy coming down a hallway. He stops, checks an invisible watch on his wrist, just as Gabriella comes up and takes his hand.

"Whoa! You're late!"

In the music classroom asTroy, Gabriella, and Kelsi are rehearsing Breaking Free.Just as they're doing that, Sharpay and Ryan strut by.

" Bop bop bop...." Sharpay was singing to herself. ThenSharpay gasps after hearing Troy and Gabriella rehearsal.

"Wow. They sound good." Ryan said. Sharpay scoffs. She goes to the window in the classroom door and watches.

"We have to do something. OK, our callbacks on Thursday and the basketball game and the scholastic decathlon are on Friday. (has an idea) Too bad all these events weren't happening on the same day... at the same time." Sharpay has a plan..

"Well, that wouldn't work out because then Troy and Gabriella wouldn't be able to make the..." Sharpay shoots Ryan a "Keep going" kind of look. The Ryan realize

"I'm proud to call you my sister."

"I know."

AUDITORIUM

Kelsi is working on some music as Miss Darbus, Sharpay, and Ryan enter. Kelsi hides herself.

"I don't want to hear about Troy Bolton and that Montez girl. So, if you're telling me as co-presidents of the drama club that changing the callbacks would be what's best for our theater program, then I might actually agree with you." Miss Darbus looks around first before walking off.

"Is that a yes?" Sharpay winks in confirmation.