Science Club Roof

GABRIELLA'S LOCKER

Gabriella opens her locker allowing a note to fall. She picks up the note and reads it. A smile appears on her face. Guess who?

SCIENCE CLUB ROOF

Gabriella find that it was Troy who left the note in her locker, and that he is waiting for her. Then Gabriella arrived.

"Wow! It's like a jungle up here."

"Yeah, just like that cafeteria."

"Where I just humiliated myself into the next century."

"No! Come on."

"So this is your private hideout?"

"Yeah. Thanks to the science club. Which means that my buddies don't even know it exists."

"You pretty much have the school wired, don't you Troy? Seems to me like everyone on campus wants to be your friend."

"Unless we lose."

"Gabriella: I'm sure it's tricky being the coach's son."

"Makes me practice a little harder, I guess. I don't know what he's gonna say when he finds out about the singing."

"You worried?" Gabriella ask Troy

"My parents friends are always saying, "Your son's the basketball guy. You must be so proud." Sometimes I don't wanna be the "basketball guy." I just wanna be a guy. You know?" Then Troy explain what he was worried.

"I saw the way you treated Kelsi at the audition yesterday. Do your friends know that guy?"

"To them, I'm the playmaker dude."

"Then they don't know enough about you, Troy. At my other schools I was the freaky math girl. It's cool coming here and being anyone I wanna be. When I was singing with you I just felt like... a girl."

"You even look like one, too." Then Gabriella giggles softly at Troy's joke.

"Do you remember in kindergarten how you'd meet a kid and know nothing about them, then ten seconds later you're playing like you're best friends because you didn't have to be anything but yourself."

"Yeah."

"Singing with you felt like that."

"Well, um... I never thought about singing. That's for sure. Till you."

"So you really wanna do the callbacks?"

"Hey, just call me me freaky callback boy."

"You're a cool guy, Troy. But not for the reasons your friends think. And thanks for showing me your top-secret hiding place. Like kindergarten." Bell rings. Troy and Gabriella both sigh as Troy takes Gabriella's hand as they get back inside.