Gabriella's House

THAT EVENING

Troy walking along the sidewalk in front of Gabriella's house. Then he walks up to the front door and knocks. Miss Montez answers the door.

"Hi, Miss Montez, I'm Troy Bolton."

"Oh, Troy!" Gabriella hears Troy's name, She comes down the stairs till she's withing earshot of her mother and mouths 'No.'

"Um... Gabriella is kinda busy with homework and such, so now's not really a good time."

"I made a mistake, Miss Montez, and I would really like to let Gabriella know that. Could you tell her that I came by to see her?"

"I will... Troy. Good night." Ms. Montez smile.

"Good night. Thank you." Troy is about to go home when he gets an idea. He silently goes around to the back of Gabriella's house and dials her number on his cell phone. Gabriella is sitting on her bed when her phone starts ringing. She picks up.

"Hello?"

"What you heard, none of that is true. I was sick of my friends riding me about singing with you, so I said things I knew would shut them up. I didn't mean any of it." Troy tell Gabriella by the phone. Gabriella turns on her nightstand lamp.

"You sounded pretty convincing to me."

"Listen, the guy you met on vacation is way more me than the guy who said those stupid things."

"Troy, the whole singing thing is making the school whack. You said so yourself. Everyone's treating you differently because of it."

"Maybe because I don't wanna only be the basketball guy. They can't handle it. That's not my problem, it's their."

"What about your dad?"

"And it's not about my dad. This is about how I feel, and I'm not letting the team down. They let me down. So I'm gonna sing. What about you?"

"I don't know, Troy.:

"Well, you need to say yes. Because I brought you something."

"What do you mean?"

"Turn around." Gabriella turns around and sure enough, Troy is standing on her balcony. They hang up their phones as Gabriella goes to the door and opens it.

Troy : This could be the start of something new
It feels so right to be here with you Oh
And now looking in your eyes
I feel in my heart
The start of something... (spoken) new.

Troy holds up Gabriella's copy of Breaking Free.
" It's a pairs audition." Gabriella has made her choice. She walks over to Troy with a smile and takes the music sheets. They get close to each other.