• trying and sincere apologies •

• chapter nineteen •

==============================================================================

"Can we talk, Lia?" Jared lowly muttered beside me, his warmth seeping through my thin crop top. I shivered as I felt how close he was, his warm breath faintly fanning against the side of my face.

I cleared my throat, slamming my locker door shut and whipping around. I pretended to ignore his pleads, casually walking through the crowded hallways to reach my first period.

As I was about to turn the corner to enter the hallway leading to my class, his muscular figure towered over me. "Lets just talk. Only for 5 minutes," He begged, his tone gentle and soft. "Please" He added.

I swallowed thickly, debating the choices I had.

What if our talk was led into another argument? But what if our talk led us to an actual conclusion?

I fiddled with the supplies in my hands, chewing on my bottom lip nervously.

"O-okay"

==

We ended up outside in the courtyard, awkwardly sitting on the wooden benches on each end of the black steel railing.

"So," I started, my short legs swinging, the toes of my vans barely touching the concrete.

"I'll start," he blurted.

I nodded slowly, silently urging him to go.

"I'm sorry. Sorry for blowing up, not listening, and especially rejecting you. I shouldn't even be rejecting you. . ." Jared cracked a smile at the last part, sending me a shy glance.

His words from the weekend flashed through my mind, causing me to blush a dark red.

Jared suddenly laughed at my reaction, his eyes squeezing shut, his plump lips parting and loud laughter escaping.

His laugh and smile was contagious, causing me to laugh along with him.

After minutes of laughter, ending up with aching cheeks and hurting sides, we both stopped abruptly.

His cheeks were tinted with red and I was pretty sure my entire face was beet red.

"Lia"

"Yeah?"

"Would . . . Would you like to try?"

"Try what?"

"A relationship"

My lips parted in surprise, my insides fluttering madly with my cheeks turning hot.

Jared was beside me in seconds, his slim fingers caressing my jaw.

My breathing hitched, my chest heaving to gasp for breath. He smirked cockily and I glared at him but the glare vanished as his luscious lips locked with mine.

==

Hey guys I'm like so fucking tired rn so sorry if I don't sound so happy.

So this little girl commented on my story and accused me of stealing another book's storyline -- which I didn't. I made this story up myself with my own fucking brain. Get your facts right before you go on ahead accusing me of some shit I didn't even do.

Anway, I survived the first day of middle school ! Yay ! The teachers are okay. All of my teachers are really nice but are really strict (like my history teacher lol).

Do you guys remember that guy I told you about a couple of chapters ago ??

Yeah lol um so I don't really like him anymore. I mean, he's really cute and all but he doesn't really listen to directions and I don't really like that lol. And he also rolls the sleeves of his shirt up to his shoulders and flexes when he walks lmao. (He's got really nice back muscles tho lolol)

Anyway, there's this other guy that's a couple lockers away from me and he is so adorable and cute.

Like, I can't.

But I don't have any classes with him but at least I get to see him in between classes ;)

This chapter is dedicated to @Kidrauls_cutie for being such a dedicated person to my book !!

~ babygirl mida

P.S. sorry for any errors. I will edit later :)