• arguments and fairy tales •

• chapter twelve • (double update bc you guys are so amazing and beautiful ;) <3)

==============================================================================

Jared immediately opened the door when I pulled into the gravel driveway.

I avoided his glare when I stumbled in, running into his twin brothers.

They grinned and the tallest one blurted, "Are guys boyfriend and girlfriend?" he tilted his head, the boy's grin cheeky.

I blushed, "No . . ." I trailed off. "What's your name?" I changed the awkward topic.

"I'm Junior and he's Jaleel. I'm 1 minute older" Junior proudly explained, puffing out his skinny chest.

I laughed loudly. Jaleel huffed, crossing his arms. "Shut up!" he whined, his bottom lip trembling.

Junior opened his mouth but Jared stepped in, "Junior! What did mom tell you about that? Apologize and go to your room" Jared sternly ordered, crossing his muscular arms.

I shuffled in my feet, watching the twin brothers hug and apologize before racing off to there room.

I sighed. "Could we talk?" I softly questioned, peering at him through my thick eyelashes.

Jared shrugged, motioning me to follow him.

We ended up in the living room, a TV perched on the baby blue chipped painted wall and a worn leather couch shoved to the side.

I sat down, crossing and un-crossing my legs and clasping my hands. "So," I murmured but Jared cut me off.

"What the hell, Lia!? You said you're parents weren't home! I just got fucking called out!" he shouted angrily. "You fucking lied to me, you bitch!"

My mouth fell open, my chest squeezing with hurt. Tears pricked my eyes and I released a shaky breath.

"Well, this bitch didn't know my parents wouldn't be home! This bitch thought that her parents would be at work! This bitch came to say sorry! This bitch wants to be your friend!" I screamed, jabbing my pointer finger at his hard chest. "Do you know any other bitch like me?" I hissed.

I didn't notice the tears falling from my eyes and trailing down my cheeks.

"Asshole" I muttered, stepping back and wiping the side of my hands against my cheeks.

I cleared my throat, brushing my brown hair out if my eyes and smoothing my sweater. "I should go. See you around" I murmured, turning around.

As I was pulling my boots on, I expected Jared to come and stop me but he didn't.

But what did I expect? That only happened in fairy tales and this wasn't a fairy tale. This was a fucking disaster and disasters don't happen in fairy tales.