• locked rooms and punching walls •

• chapter eight •

==============================================================================

I was shocked and hurt all at the same time, my eyes widening.

Kelly's eyes were placed with confusion and opened her mouth to say something but I ignored her comment, banging open the door.

"The fuck!?" I barked. "I'm here to try and talk and then you come and slam the door in my damn face?!"

I knew I probably was acting and sounding like a bitch but I was fed up with his pissy attitude. All I wanted to do was have a civil conversation with him.

I missed the new boy Jared when we first talked.

My knuckles began to turn white, my teeth gritting harshly together.

"Whew. Feisty one, Jared" Kelly teased, a low chuckle escaping her lips.

Jared and I began to stare each other down, brown against green. His brown eyes were ignited with a fire, flickering in the depths of his brown eyes.

Kelly clasped her hands loudly, catching our attention for a short time span before Jared and I turned back to each other.

"Junior. Jaleel" she called to the 2 boys and they scampered to their mother, grasping her hands. "Jared and his friend--I want you two to work this out before I get back when dinner is done and I come get you. If it's not . . ." Kelly trailed off, giving us both a warning look before slamming the door shut and heading down the stairs.

My teeth un-gritted, my fists loosely un-clenching. "Lets talk. You go first" I bit out, eyeing him as he slowly began to relax but was still tense.

"Why me?" he spat angrily, "You're the one that's wanting to talk to me."

I raked a hand through my tousled hair, rolling my eyes at his childish behavior. "Whatever. I'll go first" I caved in.

I sat on the carpeted floor, kicking aside a pile of clothes. He flashed a glare my way but I ignored it and started to talk.

"When I first saw you--I wanted to become your friend. No one set me up. At first, you were chill and I liked you. I started to come up to you more and more. Our conversations turning into small, petty, arguments about skin color and then, pointless fights about me trying to help you and you denying it. I don't know why you don't want any of my help. You clearly need it--" I was cut off by an angry sounding Jared.

"I do not need help! When can you get that through your thick skull, women?" Jared thundered deeply, his plump lips in a sneer.

"Let me fucking finish, yeah?" I spit, flicking a piece of hair out of my face.

Jared slumped onto his bed, rolling his eyes but listening.

"As I was saying--you clearly needed the help. Everywhere I see you, you're being made fun off, beaten up, given Nasty glares. I even lost my best friend because of you!" Jared's eyes began to grow with a hot fire. "I made you loose your best friend!? That was all you! You were the one that decided to come and talk to me! You decided to come and talk to the black boy! The nigger! You did!" he roared. Jared suddenly turned to a wall and rammed his clenched fist into the wall. The already broken down wall began to crack and the part he punched, crumbled rapidly onto the floor and in minutes, there was a pile of wood and plaster on the carpeted floor, a large hole in the wall.

I gasped, swallowing thickly.

I know I went to far. I was just trying to get under his skin.

I got up, inching towards a crouching Jared. "I'm--I'm sorry" I whispered, my hand resting barely on his broad shoulder.

Jared clutched his hurt hand, wood beginning to stick to the drying blood on his knuckle. The healing cuts from earlier began to re-open, slowly trickling down his hands.

I awkwardly pulled him up, leading him towards the connected bathroom.

"Got any cotton swabs? Alcohol?" I muttered, shoving him onto the toilet seat and searching through the many cabinets in the bathroom.

"Under the kitchen sink. In the back" he grumbled, avoiding eye contact with me.

I didn't mind. I didn't want to look at him either.

I rummaged through the many things under the kitchen sink before pulling out a half full bottle of alcohol and an unopened pack of cotton swabs. I searched again and found a package of gauze.

I held my hand out impatiently, my fingers flapping to show that I wanted to see his injured hand.

He handed his hand over and I cradled the large hand in my small palm. I struggled to dab alcohol in the cotton swab but I managed too.

Thanks a lot, Jared.

I set the swabs aside and carefully picked the wooden chips out of his skin with a pair of tweezers before cleaning up the cuts.

Jared hissed and I murmured a small 'sorry' before harshly placing the swab onto his knuckles. I finished cleaning up his cuts and wrapped it tightly in gauze. I pulled away from him, washing my hands for 20 seconds and leaving the bathroom without another word, heading home.

==

Hey, my gorgeous readers!

GUYS THIS WILL BE REAL SHORT BUT I WANT TO THANK YOU GUYS FOR 100+ VIEWS AND 30+ VOTES IM CRYING AND SOBBING AND ICANT RN OMGSKWPGNSL

THANK YOU AGAIN!! LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH RN AND WILL ALWAYS <33333

~ (you're crazy, crying, author) mida

P.S. Double update for you guys bc you guys are so beautiful and deserve it :))