• drunken calls and kisses •

• chapter fourteen •

Who starts school in less than a week ? *raises hand and starts to cry*

==============================================================================

It was currently 3:43A.M. and I was leaning against the cabinets near the ground.

Why? I don't know. I ended up here an hour ago, eating anything in the fridge.

I picked at a weird substance on a slice of sausage and pepperoni pizza, frowning before tossing it away and rummaging through the half empty fridge.

I pulled out a container of pre washed grapes, stuffing the sweet fruit into my mouth.

I sat back down, my iPhone lighting up, showing that I have a call.

I picked it up, my eyes widening when I saw who was calling me. I chocked on my grapes as he continued to call me, the grapes spilling out of my mouth.

I slid my thumb across the screen and pressed it to my ear. "Hello?" I croaked, on the verge of tears. "Jared? I--I'm really sorry. I didn't mean to call you that--" he cut me off immediately.

"Shut up!" Jared roared, his deep voice was thick and slurred. "C-can you come over? We need to talk and I need to pee pee" he giggled. I heard a loud crash from the other line.

"Where's your mom?" I asked, standing up. I used my foot to shove the forgotten food in a corner.

I bounded up the steps, tip toeing near my parents door before zooming to my room.

"She's at work. I think. I don't know!" he wailed. Jared sniffed. "Can you come over?"

I swallowed. "Um, okay. Be there in 15" I replied before ending the call.

I slid my shirt off before replacing it with a new one. I grabbed my keys whilst pulling my converse on and sneaking out the door.

==

The door was already unlocked when I got there, peeking it open to see Junior and Jaleel clutching the house phone in their hands.

"Hey, guys" I said, smiling.

They jumped up, racing towards me. "Lia! Jared is going crazy! And we don't know mommy's number" Junior cried, tears already falling down his cheeks.

Jaleel nodded, handing me the the cell phone. "Oh. It's okay, Junior" I cooed, guiding him towards his room. "Go wait in here and I'll be back with you guys in a jiffy" I promised.

They nodded and entered their bedroom. I shut the door and walked across the hall to Jared's room that was shut tight.

I opened it and saw Jared with his hands clutching an empty vodka bottle, huddled on his bed and muttering under his breath. He suddenly lifted his head and met my eyes.

"Jared" I spoke softly, walking towards him.

Jared jumped up, stumbling in my arms before bursting into tears, sobs falling from his mouth. "Li-Lia!" he stumbled over his words.

I caught him, almost falling from his weight. I lugged him back into his bed.

"What's wrong?" I swallowed, avoiding his sad eyes that were searching my green ones.

"Why? Why did you call me that?" he whispered, his bottom lip trembling.

I sighed, raking a hand through my tousled hair. "I--I . . . You called me a bitch and I got you back!" I shot back, regretting it as several tears rolled down his chocolate colored skin.

"I'm sorry, Lia. I didn't mean it. I was just angry" he mumbled, wrapping his thick comforters around his muscular body.

I sat down, "It looked liked you did" I whispered, peering at him through my eyelashes.

Jared stayed quiet, only staring at me.

"I'm sorry too" I nervously bit my bottom lip. "I wanted to get you back and--" I was cut off when Jared yanked me towards him, pressing his plump lips to mine.

==

HEHE YOU'RE WELCOME!! THE KISS FINALLY HAPPENED <33