• ignoring and a start •

• chapter nine •

==============================================================================

The next day at school, I ignored Jared completely.

He didn't want me to talk to him--I wouldn't talk to him.

I brushed past him, purposely bumping my shoulder in his chest and yanking open the doors to get inside.

Jared glared at me but I ignored it and continued to walk to my locker, twisting the combination into the lock.

It popped open and I slid my backpack off of my shoulder. I unzipped it and started to neatly place my school items into my locker.

Once I had collected my history books, I shut my locker door and I jumped in surprise, seeing who was leaning against the locker besides mine.

Jared.

I rolled my eyes and flicked my hair off of my shoulder, whipping around to walk towards my class.

Jared groaned, grumbling under his breath. "C'mon, Lia. Can I just talk to you for a bit?"

Bipolar much? What the fuck is up with him and these mood swings? He's worse than a girl (<-- hehe thanks @Kidsrauhl_Cutie :)) ).

I huffed, squeezing my hands tightly on the books clutched in my hands.

I bit on my bottom lip, clenching my jaw.

His large hand suddenly gripped my shoulder and forced me to turn to him. "Get off of me!" I barked, swatting his hand away and fast walking down the halls.

"Just let me fucking talk, women!" he shouted, storming towards me with large strides.

His long strides unfortunately blocked me from my path to history, halting to a stop.

"Move" I growled, avoiding eye contact.

"I . . . I want to thank you" He murmured under his breath, scratching the back of his neck and his cheeks turning a flushed red.

A ghost of a smile appeared on my lips before turning into a full blown smirk. "What did you say?"

"Don't make me repeat it, Lia. Don't push it. My mother talked me into this" he warned, raising a brow and crossing his muscular arms across his chest.

"Repeat it" I demanded, a smug grin on my lips.

"I'msorryandIwantedtothankyou" Jared said, quickly.

I barked out laughter, "What? I can't even understand you."

Jared rolled his eyes but a hint of a smile appeared on his plump lips. "I'm sorry and I wanted to thank you" He rolled his eyes and I laughed, grinning.

"Yes!" I pumped a fist in the air and loud laughter escaped his lips.

My stomach and cheeks did weird things, turning hot and fuzzy with butterflies swarming everywhere.

I shuddered and shoved those feeling down, mentally rolling my eyes.

"W-we're cool?" I hesitated, raising a brow.

Jared shrugged, glancing down at me with a small twinkle in his eyes.

"I guess. We're cool"