• grounded and sneak outs •

• chapter eleven • part 2. :)

==============================================================================

My mouth fell agape, ashamed that my father would even think about saying that.

"Dad!" I hissed, stepping in front of Jared to shield him.

I heard the sound of his teeth grinding against each other, his knuckles cracking, and his jaw bone popping in and out.

My father stepped in front of me, towering over me with his beefy figure. "Move, Lia" he growled, breathing harshly and not breaking eye contact with me.

"No"

My father and mother looked taken aback with my answer, my mother's penciled eye brows furrowing. My father's face turning beet red with anger and his beady green eyes glaring down at me.

"Excuse me?" he lowly snapped, getting in my face so that we were centimeters apart.

"You heard me" I replied boldly, surprising myself.

"Lia. I am not asking you again." My father spat.

"And I'm not repeating myself" I stated, crossing my arms.

His beefy fingers came up, forming a flicking motion and I immediately flinched, cowering away into Jared's chest. His arm automatically came out, resting on my waist.

My cheeks heated up and the butterflies were released but this was not the time to think about my feelings so I pushed them away.

My father's eyes darted to Jared's arm and his nostrils flared, his pale face turning a dark red. "You better get the fuck out of my house before I call the police" he threatened.

Jared left without another word, slipping out of the house.

My bottom lip trembled with shame and embarrassment. "What the hell dad!?" I shrieked, my throat tightening and my eyes stinging. "I invited him!"

I swallowed down the lump in my throat, breathing rapidly to hold back the tears.

My mother spoke up, her voice shrilly and suddenly annoying. "Excuse me? Did you just curse . . . at your father? Who do you think you are? Cursing and inviting niggers without our permission?"

I stayed quiet, biting harshly on my lip to contain the scream aching to release.

My father smashed the large mirror hanging near the doorway, the mirror cracking slightly. I flinched but stood my ground. "You're grounded until we've decided you're mature and smart enough to stay away from those niggers" he spits, whipping around and sauntering off.

I clenched my hands tightly, my nails biting into my skin as I shoved past my mother and stormed to my room.

==

"Fucking bitches" I muttered quite loudly with irritation, not caring that my mother and father were a couple feet away. "Shitty, shit, shit" I muttered under my breath, huffing angrily and pulling my phone out.

I dialed Jared's home number, pressing the device to my ear.

"Hello?" his voice gruff and deep.

"It's Lia. Can I come over?" I immediately questioned, crossing my fingers and hoping he would say yes.

"Fine. Come over whenever" he responded before ending the call and leaving me with an empty line.

==

I slipped my pink cloth sweater over myself, sliding my black leggings on and my Ugg boots before quietly opening my door and tip toeing down the stairs and to the door.

The cream colored door creaked quietly and I cringed, my heart beating wildly as I cocked my head to listen for the familiar noises of my sleeping parents.

"What was that?"

"Sh, sh. It was probably nothing. Go back to sleep"

And in minutes, my mother's heavy breathing was heard and my father's earth quaking snores.

I sighed in relief before fleeing past the door and hopping in my car, ripping out of the driveway.