Chapter 1

~ Niall ~

Guardlight. A quaint little town that houses the supernatural and mortal humans. My 4 best mates and I Niall Horan all live here now. We’re vampires. And we also have 5 different elemental abilities. It’s strange for that to happen. But we’re good with it. We’re also new to the town of Guardlight. I don’t know what made us move here. But we just did. Plus in this town, there are no hunters and we are able to get blood supplies when ever we need because of the blood bank. Back to what I was saying before. Now what was it? Oh yes. I stood in the shadows watching this mysterious creature. The creature was situated with a werewolf. The scent was horrific. But I can withstand it. Like always when we first move to a new place, Harry and Louis like to go off and hunt. I prefer to go explore. And that’s what’s led me to discovering the creature I know little of and their friend the werewolf. I stood in the shadows of the alleyway. Watching. My blue eyes scanning each and every space, crack and crevasse. I could also hear the voices of the 2 creatures walking by. Both were female. 

‘So Cassie. Have you found your mate yet?’ The creature that I saw from a distance said to the werewolf by the name of Cassie. 

‘Nah, not yet. What about you Angel? You have to at least have some one special in your life. Your my Guardian Angel for god’s sake! There has to be some one!’ Cassie replied to the girl I presume is Angel. 

They walked by the alleyway- which is currently my hiding spot. I saw that the girl by the name of Angel has red and purple streaked hair, but I could see the gold and silver roots. I knew that it wasn’t her natural hair colour. Her friend Cassie had wavy brown hair with dip-dyed electric blue tips. It looked awesome. Turning away I darted back home. 

‘Did you hear something?’ Angel asked Cassie as I disappeared. 

‘No. Why?’ Cassie asked in reply. A smile was playing at my lips.

Everything was passing me in a blur. As my street loomed up in front of me. I knew that Zayn and Liam were home. Harry and Louis’ scent wasn’t there yet. I slowed down to a walking pace. The wooden door loomed up in front of me. It hung a jar. Pushing it open, I walked in quietly.

‘Guys?’ I called out but there was no reply. 

Guys?!’ I called out yet again and yet again there was no reply.

I started to freak out. My water element started to build up in my hands and I could sense my eyes changing to a lighter blue. I could hear things moving in the house. 

‘Niall? What’s going on? What’s the matter?’ Liam came out of the basement.

I looked up to see Zayn in tow. I shook my head replying;

‘I thought you guys weren’t here. So I started to panic.’ 

Zayn let out a chuckle. I threw him a glare. But all he did was smile stupidly. 

By the way; Liam is like the leader of our little coven. He has been since we all met him. If I remember correctly we were all turned into vampires around the same time period. 

‘So how was the town?’ Liam asked me.

I gave a shrug. My mind wandering back to the 2 girls that were talking as they walked past me while I hid in the shadows. 

‘Yeah it was fine.’ I replied with a shrug of my shoulders. I started to walk upstairs in search of my new room. 

‘Oh and Niall!’ Liam calls out. ‘We all start at school tomorrow!’ 

I groaned. Why! We only got here! Shouldn’t we be like unpacking or something! Searching around each room till I found mine, I started to unpack my belongings. My mind kept wandering back to the girl and the werewolf girl. But it was what the werewolf girl had said. That’s what got me. She had dyed her hair so that she wasn’t seen by any one in town. But I could see that she had naturally gold and silver hair. But why did she dye it?