Exit God Out Book One: The Unexpected Terrestrial Chapter 20

Chapter 20

The salt winds raced off the ocean and up the roadway flanked by small businesses where Jackson walked with a month's worth of mail tucked under his arm. He received another chastising from the Irish mail lady who was tired of picking up the envelopes that kept falling on the floor from the backside of the mail slot. He was intrigued at her ability to take the job so fiercely, and how she whipped everyone into shape that was untimely picking up mail. After her stern punishment, she winked as you left the building, as if to show she really wasn't as tough as you thought.

The gale forces tossed Jackson into a picket fence, and he had to chase a lost envelope half way down the middle of the street. Luckily a bottomless puddle caught it and he banged it against his knee, noticing the strange return address. He headed over to the whole foods market where a far superior cup of coffee was served than anything he brewed at home. Plus the fascination of the envelope contents could not wait. He ordered and sat at the window with the envelope half open. As suspected, it was from Victor.

"Jackson, I'm still in the US. I see you have a tour in Boston: may or may not show up. CIA now has a few good "viewers" watching me, making it difficult to move about. I'm writing to tell you to listen to your instincts when you are there. Follow them without hesitation. You are meant to find someone."

Jackson memorized the note, then went to the restroom, softened the letter and envelope with water and flushed them down the toilet. The last thing he needed was more interrogation, and he realized he was being monitored, even if it was at arm's length. If the CIA showed up in Boston, that signaled the connection of Victor to Jackson. They probably think they can catch him. He recapped what was missing in Victor's story. No one is followed without some provocation or motive. Enough taxpayer dollars were put into surveillance proving he must be dangerous to the CIA. Was it because of what Victor knew, or because of what he could see? Or both? Or was it because of something Victor could do to them? Something that had the power to change the perceptions they were trying to force onto this planet? The saga read like a mystery novel written by a blend of Ayn Rand and Stephen King.

He made his way home and finished packing and labeling the products for Boston. This tour was paid for by a chain of high-end stores that decided to pick him up after watching his success over the years. They commissioned him to create exclusive works that he first balked at, but later recanted and found a new source of inspiration through the agreement. He was proud of himself for not leaning on old belief patterns that no longer served him. The years ahead may not be as easy, and he had to take it all in as he knew this dream was not going to last forever. Plan B was becoming a closer reality, and it excited him. He was well aware his life was about to change. He just didn't know how or where, and he was finally comfortable surrendering to the process. Diane use to say that you are never off your path, and that it isn't always lined with yellow bricks.

April K. Reeves, Author. Copyright 2004 All Rights Reserved. Visit us on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/April-K-Reeves/390530011143987?fref=ts or our website: https://aprilkreevesauthor.wordpress.com/