Exit God Out Book One: The Unexpected Terrestrial Chapter 58

Chapter 58

"There are eleven other children born under the lights. I have to find them," said Maggie as the Range Rover bounced over rough terrain. "Great Grandmother opened the channel for us to communicate. It has begun."

"You will little squirrel. You will." Sarah wrapped her arm around Maggie who stared at her until her eyelids could no longer stay open."

"I've never been so inspired in all my life," said Sean. You could hear the wheels spinning in his head. "My only desire is go back to Mexico, document Miguel's work, put it in a book and teach him how to farm."

"You know how to farm?" Jackson was shocked to think there was something his best friend had been holding out on him all these years.

"No. How hard can it be?"

"For us, easy. But when you have no water, no seed and no soil, it's a bit tougher. They don't even have wild plants they can eat where they are. Just bare dry dessert."

"Permaculture," said Sarah. Everyone looked at her. "We'll look it up when we get back to the hotel."

The stars in the night sky were in full bloom when the dirty Rover pulled into the hotel parking lot. Jackson carried Maggie. Everyone dusted themselves off and tried to look like five star guests. They were questioned at the door but Jackson told them they had gone to the poor side of town to see what life looked like. The hotel manager recognized Jackson and the employees muttered how crazy Americans were as they ushered them through.

Jackson put Maggie carefully on the sofa. He wiped the dirt from her face and everyone said goodnight quietly.

"I'm heading to the kitchen if anyone wants to join me," said Victor. Jackson followed.

"I'm changing my mind," said Jackson. Victor raised an eyebrow. "Every time Maggie says something out of the ordinary, Laura and I laugh and say she didn't come with an instruction manual. How are we to guess her next move or what she'll say? Maybe it's Maggie writing the instruction manual. For us. For the planet. So that we will understand her and her mission, whatever that looks like. I know this now."

"She will begin to take on new challenges," said Victor. "I know it's not easy for you. Maggie is not a typical child. She can witness anything."

"Witness?"

"The ability to access higher power and energy." Victor looked to see if he was overwhelming his friend, but Jackson was more intrigued than frightened. "When you have faith in that which you cannot see, you attract and access that information from a higher source. Some people call it 'downloading'. Everyone has had experiences where they thought or said something that was not typical for them. You of all people should know this Jackson."

"I do indeed," he said. "My best work happens when I don't think about it, as if the ideas are not really mine but given to me. It's one of the reasons I drive everywhere instead of flying. I can download a year's worth of work in a matter of hours. It's more powerful when I'm surrounded by nature. Less interference."

"You realize how vital it is to stay in positive thought?"

"It's easy around Maggie. She has this influence on people I cannot explain."

"A quality that will serve her well in the near future," said Victor as he turned and walked away. Jackson knew there was far more to the story, but he trusted Victor to divulge it when the time was right, and although he was curious, he was not ready to hear the truth.

April K. Reeves, Author. Copyright 2004 All Rights Reserved. Visit us on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/April-K-Reeves/390530011143987?fref=ts or our website: https://aprilkreevesauthor.wordpress.com/