Chapter 8

A Thug's Only Love: Chapter 8

~August 21st~
~Wednesday~
~Chanelle P.O.V.~

First period was boring after the little incident but it was now time for 2nd. Lexis, Riley, Varo and I all had this class. We took our seats in the back corner of the classroom like usual. We did this so we could get away with dumb shit.

~After Class~

Math went by pretty fast and I actually liked that class. Not the fact that it was math but because the people in that class are all juniors and seniors.

Lexis and I were walkin' hand in hand to our lockers. My life felt so perfect. I was in deep thought about how much better my life had gotten in the past 2-3 weeks. I started to think ahead in the future. How Lexis and I would be if we were married and ha-

"Nelle? You there?" Lexis said as he was nudging me.

"Oops. Yeah I'm here, I was just in deep thought."

"Really? What were you thinkin' about?" He led us over to a bench and he held me in his lap. His arms were wrapped securely around me. "So what were you thinkin'?" He smiled exposing his dimples that I didn't seem to notice earlier.

"I was just thinking about how much better my life has been lately. It feels like I'm on cloud 9. Everything is going so well and I couldn't be happier." I said looking deep into his eyes.

"Me too, Nelle." He gave me the most passionate kiss ever until we were interrupted by someone clearing their throats.

"Y'all about done or nahh?" Varo asked as he cocked an eyebrow.

"Nahh." Lexis said back.

"Y'all are done now cause I'm about to go get lunch, anyone wanna come with?" Varo asked.

"Sure, I'll go." I said hopping out of Lexis' lap.

"I would, but I got to go over my transcript with the counselor. I'll see y'all later." He kissed my cheek and dapped Varo.

"Where you wanna go Nelle?" He asked as we started walking towards the front of the school.

"Let's just go to McDonalds?" I suggested.

"Shit I'm down for a Big Mac."

We had to walk because we forgot to get the keys from Lexis. It was not that far but I started to get a little tired.

"Varo..." I said trailing his name.

"What the fuck could you possibly want?" He said in between laughs.

"Can you give me a piggy back ride?"

"Hell no, your fat ass can walk."

"You're so mean!" With that I ran and jumped onto his back.

"Listen to my words: You are too fat. You needa walk." He said with a roaring laugh. At that point I smacked him. He just continued to laugh even more. "Nah, but I'm sorry for callin' you fat. I'll carry you." He said apologetically.

"Thank You Varo." After about 3 steps he dropped me and took off jogging down the little pathway.

~After Lunch~

We were walkin' back to school but at McDonalds I learned a few things. For starters he actually had a girlfriend but he didn't wanna tell anybody until he knew it was serious. His girlfriend's name was Hailey.

I knew her, we weren't real good friends but we talked every now and again. I was happy for him 'cause when you got to know Varo, he was more than just a guy that cracked jokes and got high. He was a really sweet kid that had no shame in tellin' shit like it is.

~Lexis P.O.V.~

Since Varo and Nelle went off to go get lunch, I had to go deal with the school transfer shit. 3rd period was about to begin so the halls were packed with kids tryin' to get to their class on time.

I was walkin', just takin' my sweet ass time and I accidentally bumped into some female.

"Aye, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to..." I stopped when I saw who it was I bumped into.