Memory Loss Chapter 1

INTRO: Where am I? And how did I get here? What's going on!?

CHAPTER 1

I awoke in a room on a small bed. The walls around me were an off colour of white, and the room had a strange heavy scent to it. The sent burned my nose; it felt like it was on fire! When I went to reach up to pinch my nose, I looked at my hand and discovered there was a tube in it. Shocked and becoming nervous in my confusion I was about to rip it out when a woman came through the door to my room.

"Don't take that out!" screamed the lady as she ran towards me in the bed. The room was to bright with the lights and the window being open at the same time. I have no idea how long I have been here, why I am here, and what in the world is going on.

"Where am I, and who are you?" I was terrified. I went to the side of the bed to avoid her grasp when a tall man with black hair, deep brown eyes came in in a huff. He was wearing a strange blue coloured shirt with matching pants, the same as the lady that came in before him. But she was gone now she left as soon as he got into the room. So now it was just me and who ever this gentleman is. Still terrified of my surroundings I got off the bed and stood there, giving myself distance and an obstacle between this man and myself.

"Hi, I'm one of your doctors. But you can just call me Tyler." he said while putting his hands up in the air to show he was no threat while flashing his perfect pearly white teeth at me. Where was the lady and why did she leave the second that he came in? Can I trust him?

"Hi." I respond coldly and sharply. "Where am I?" I'm not as scared now; his brown eyes piercing into mine has managed to calm me down and feel a little at ease. I realize that I've been clenching my fist around the blanket on the bed and that my knuckles were turning white from the firm grip.

"You're in the hospital. You were hurt quite badly; you had a broken leg but its better now, and many lacerations. Are you able to tell me what happened?" Is he testing me? Or does he truly not know what happened to me either? I have so many questions, and he doesn't seem to be the one I will get any answers from if this isn't a test.

"I - I can't remember anything." I'm starting to get nervous; my chest tightens with the worry that no one knows who I am and what has happened to me. If the doctor doesn't know anything, how can he help me?

"So, you don't remember anything? Do you know your name?" The second he asks me that I've learned one more thing about who I am, sort of, because I remember my name. Still feeling uneasy about this doctor not knowing much and badgering me with questions, I just stare at him trying to think if I should share what I believe is my name.

But after he asked and with me just there standing there, a different woman than the one before came into the room with a tray of some sort carrying various things. What happened to the other woman? How many people are in this place? Before I could ask any questions the woman, who's name tag read Susan, turned nervously towards Tyler, and spoke with a shaky voice "I'm here to give her- her medication. Would you like to do it doctor?" she said while looking down at her tray and back up at Tyler with some what of a plea from her eyes.

"Yes, I suppose we don't know how she will be with needles now that she is awake," replied Doctor Tyler. Another thing I have learned, I must have been here for a while with how he just mentioned me now being awake, he also said how my leg was broken before... I have no idea how long that would take to mend, but I'm sure a good chunk of time. I'm learning more about the place I'm in then WHY I'm here and for how long I have been here unconscious.

I assume I have had many needles in my life, as there is still one in my hand hooked up to a bag on a pole, dripping a clear liquid down and into my body. It didn't hurt much, just a little prick and it was done. My hands were a little sweaty though since I still have very little knowledge of anything still.

"Good, now sweetie can you tell me anything you remember before waking up?" Asked Doctor Tyler. The timid nurse left just as fast as she came in along with her tray without a word, just a nod and she was gone.

If I'm going to get anything out from these people, it looks like I need to play along. Or at least give them what little information I know. "All I can remember is being in a forest, just standing there... but I don't know if it was a dream or not." All he does is just rub his chin and nod slightly to what I'm telling him. He's got quite the poker face that's for sure. "Also, my name is Bella." When I say this his eyes shot open with surprise? Joy? Hard to tell really. He takes a step towards me and reaches out his hand. I don't move from my position behind the bed, so he puts it back down beside him.

"It's nice to meet you, Bella; I'll be back in a bit to see how you're doing. You're free to move around the hospital if you want. Just be careful not to get too turned around in here, everything looks the same in here so it's very easy to get lost. " He lets out a little chuckle, "I sure did when I first started here, so just be careful Bella." The way he says my name as if he already knows me just leaves me with more questions. I've answered what they have asked of me, but I have received very little information in return.

"Thank-you doctor, I will try my best...to not get lost that is" I said with a smile playing along with his joke. I think I can trust this guy, especially since he's the only one who has really had a conversation with me thus far.

"Please, just call me Tyler." And with that he offers up another perfect smile and a wave as he heads out the door and down the hall. After my first interactions in this strange place, I go and look out the window. The sun is shining brightly that I must squint and shield my eyes while they adjust. I decide it's smarter to sit back down in bed and mentally go over everything from the last twenty minutes or so.

Thanks For reading Memory Loss Chapter 1 :) <3

-Vote - Share - Comment (pst- they make my day ;) )