Chapter 20

Chapter 20:****Erika****

Why or how nobody else except me didn’t see what I saw in that evil dragon in the appearance Olivia was the million dollars thought. Ok, granted that I never liked her and I never made it a secret. But that was because I had a feeling, a nagging sensation that just told me that something was up. Did anyone listen to me? Of course not! because Olivia lived and breathed a double standard personality. To those she deemed fit (her friends) she was this carefree sweet, innocent, and utterly nice girl whose manners were an exemplary to womanhood. But for those she saw as mere dirt under her ridiculously expensive shoes, she showed them her true colors, and unfortunately I happened to be the biggest splotch on her shoes.

She took pleasure in no subtle terms telling me how once she married my brother, she make sure I was sent to a group home where there were capable staff to take care of me. The last straw was when she told me that she in the relationship because her parents were pestering her, and the money she’d get in the long run, which she’d share with her “other” boyfriend.

I tried talking to Andrew that her intentions were anything but noble, but we both know what happens in cases like this. I got blamed for acting like a spoiled brat, and that angered me more because Andrew was a brother first. He should’ve listened to me before hearing and heading whatever the dragon breathed in his ears.

Not to sound bitter or ungrateful, I am happy to tell and show people that I’ve changed. I’ve changed except that Olivia won’t leave my home alone so that I could put the past to rest. The lies and the deceit was just grating too much on nerves, I thought I was going to explode! Every corner and everywhere I turned, there they were laughing and enjoying themselves without a care in the world. Sure I hated the demon for luring my brother into her trap with big eyes and tearful regret, but I was highly disappointed in Andrew.

After everything Vanessa had done to us, well to me, she put up with the old and angry me, nursed me and brought me back to the world. And what was she getting paid in return? Lies, deceit, and betrayal from the two other people apart from who meant the world to her.

Just the other day I saw them exiting a hotel and I almost lost. Actually, I lost it but Alex was there to restrain me. So here we were just hanging out, but I wasn’t into him and he noticed. Alex being the patient man I fell for, bless his heart, didn’t say a word. He coyly and slyly showed me that he was there for me and ready to listen if I chose to confide in him whatever was bothering me.

“Do you want me to take you home or are spending the night?” he asked softly playing with my hair, and deed I found soothing.

“No, I’m staying. I don’t want to go home. The lies and deceit at home is driving me crazy.” He stopped for a moment and stared at me

“What’s that about?” he asked and I took a deep breath

“Alex, it’s not that I don’t trust you, because I do, more than I trust my brother for the moment. It’s just that I don’t want to bother you with my family issues.” I said inwardly wincing because it did sound like I didn’t trust him despite the way it was stated. “But...” I said glancing away in frustration “I’m going to explode if I don’t talk to some!” I exclaimed and he burst out laughing. Even I grinned because I was worked up and must’ve been a sight

“Erika you know you can tell me anything!” he said in that easy voice of his.

“I know! Deep breath…it’s my brother, Andrew. He is cheating on Vanessa and WITH Olivia” I said not missing the way his jaw tensed and his beautiful eyes darkened. “Vanessa doesn’t know anything about it, but it’s happening right under her nose!” I exclaimed still baffled by how trusting and accepting Vanessa was