epilogue

Epilogue

****Vanessa****

4 years later…

   “Mama, mama daddy is home!!” little Isabella exclaimed jumping up down excitedly and I heaved a sigh of relief. At four and a half years old, she was a boisterous daddy’s girl and Andrew was more than happy to indulge her.  She hid underneath the dining table where Andrew would find her every day after work. He came in and went straight to the dining room where he pretended to be looking for her.

She got out of the table tapped his shoulder and yelled when Andrew looked startled. He picked her up and walked up to me and kissed like there was no tomorrow.

“How was your day?” I asked blushing and he smirked.

“It was alright. I missed you!” he said kissing my hair. He tugged on my arm, pulling me down onto his lap when he sat down. I wrapped an arm around his shoulder and leaned in his chest, marveling at his strength and my luck as well.

He made a mistake by cheating on me with Olivia but I forgave him. I took a chance on him and every day, I thank God for that because who knows what my pain-induced heart would’ve chosen? I forgave him and he vowed to make it up to me for the rest of our lives. And he did every day! This man could do anything for me, little Izzy and the child I carried in my belly.

Andrew absently ran a hand over my protruding stomach, obviously not noting that the muscles were rigid with a contraction of early labor. I grimaced when the contraction stretched more than the few seconds it’d been all day. I didn’t want to call Andrew knowing that he was already sacrificing a lot by coming home mid-afternoon.

 I hugged him to me my heart so full of love I thought it might burst. I had more joy in my life than I’d ever imagined. A kind-hearted and high spirited little girl who was loved unlike me, and a loving husband who adored me.

“The new baby will take a lot of our attention at first, but that doesn’t mean we love you any less.” Andrew said to Isabella with a serious face and she giggled.

“I know daddy, I will help too.” She said and he gulped. He seemed really nervous.

“You’re allowed to be a little jealous but just remember, she or he is going to be little than you. It will be your job to show him/her the ropes and keep him/her in line. Just don’t be much of a bully.” I turned my face to his neck and smiled not wanting Andrew to see how adorable I thought his concern was.

A moment later the doorbell rang.

“I wonder who that is.” Andrew raised his brow questioningly

“It’s Kristy.” I said getting up, “I…”

“What is she doing here?” Andrew growled and I couldn’t suppress my laughter. Kristy had forgiven Andrew as well but she took it upon her to remind him what she’d do to him if he ever hurt me again. It’s safe to say that they hated each other just as Kristy hated Olivia.

Speaking of Olivia, she was discharged from the hospital three days later and refused to undergo four months bed-ridden. She ended up having a miscarriage, and the last I heard she was a top model in Canada.

Erika got married and made me her maid of honor. She had a one year old baby boy. Conceiving had been hard but finally after three years she’d fallen pregnant.

Kristy was also married to one of her young “sugar daddy”, who didn’t mind the fact that she refused to have kids.

“Well, we need someone to watch Isabella.” I pointed out gently. “We-“

“I hope you’re not planning on going somewhere, because I was really looking to cuddling on the couch tonight.” He said pouting. It was more than a little amusing to watch Andrew pout. However, I had more pressing matters on my mind.

I exhaled slowly as the contraction faded and the muscles of my belly began to relax. “We talked about giving birth at home again, remember? But the last time I checked you adamantly opposed.” I paused, waiting for understanding to dawn on his face. “Since I’m pretty sure I’m in labor right now, we probably want to head to the hospital.” I continued when he still looked confused.

“You’re in labor?” Andrew’s face went white

“Yup!”

“Right now?” he squeaked.

I nodded. “It’s still early, but you’ve been so worried about getting to the hospital…”

Andrew stood so quickly he knocked the chair over. Isabella giggled and I held my own chuckle as I watched a mixture of anxiety, excitement and wonder drift across Andrew’s face.

We’d already shared so much together in the past four years and still had so much more to experience. We had a whole lifetime to look forward to and I planned on enjoying every minute of it.

~***~the end~***~

Thank you everyone for the support. There are trillions books here on Wattpad and I feel honored that you chose to read, vote and comment on mine. It more than you’ll ever know. Well I guess you will because the feedback on this story fed my hunger and I have another story. This one I’m excited about since it’s a little different. I’m still planning it…I have the middle and the ending figured out…I’m working on the beginning. I hope to see you all on the new journey called“In love with the french beauty"

Chao!!