Here's chapter 5!!

Chapter 5: ****Vanessa****

“Vanessa, are you sure you don’t want to come with me?” Olivia asked for the millionth time and I told her so.

“That’s like the twentieth time you’re asking and I’m still saying NO” I firmly refused. I was currently folding my laundry and Olivia had popped in my room out of nowhere asking me to ACCOMPANY her to Andrew’s house!

“You never want to go anywhere except my house, the gym, and at church! Don’t you ever get bored?” she asked with a frown.

“No, I don’t. I love my boring life.” I told her like I tell everyone else. Partying, sex, shopping and dating were alien to me. All the things girls my age took pleasure in, I disliked with a passion. Maybe I wasn’t normal but as long as I was happy!

“Besides, how could you ever ask me to accompany you to a romantic dinner that’s meant for just you and Andrew?” I asked with disbelief.

“Romantic?” she asked and I nodded

“What’s so romantic about dinning with Andrew and his crippled sister who is going to be there as usual annoying everybody?” she asked and I shook my head.

“Anyway, I’m not going there for any romantic interludes. I’m going there to break up with Andrew.” She said I choked on my saliva. God save us all!

“Olivia, that’s not fair!” I said getting scared for the both of us.

“What’s unfair about it? Isn’t that what you’ve always wanted? For me to break up with one and not string two people along?” she asked as she sat down on my bed next to me.

“Yes, but not Andrew! It’s Jack I actually want you to get rid of!” I spat out at her.

“Well I’m sorry to burst your bubble because Jack is the one who actually lights my fire not Andrew. So Drew has got to go and the sooner I do it the better.” She said with conviction.

“But Olivia…” I started

“Ugh…please don’t but me! I don’t need one of your lectures Ness! Just follow me and give me moral support.” She finished.

“I’m not sure… I think…” I was losing and the traitor knew it!

“Don’t think! Just follow me….Please?” she begged with the damn puppy dog face that no one could ever say no except her father.

“Okay!” I conceded after she began singing please while holding her ears. “But I won’t stay long. You know I have a curfew!”  I said and she rolled her eyes.

“You and your crazy aunt! Why are you still living with her?” asked annoyed.

“Where would you rather I live? Under a bridge?” I asked and she shrugged and went to check her appearance in my full length mirror while I changed in the bathroom.

************

Andrew hummed to an unknown tune as he made the table. He was adding the final touch on the table when Erika, his little sister came into the dining room. Erika was in a wheel chair due to the accident that took our parents’ lives. She became a stranger to the world and even to himself.

“Hey!” she greeted him happily.

“Hello there!” Drew replied.

“What have we got here?” she asked as she opened the pot that contained the dinner and grabbed a fork as if to start eating.

“No, no, no! You do not touch the food until the guests arrive! Now, that’s not polite!” he scolded and she rolled her eyes in annoyance.

“And who are we expecting? The pope? Look I’m starving and I really want to eat right now...” She said and went to dive in the food and