Chapter 18

Chapter 18:****Vanessa****

 “VANESSA! Are you out of your mind? How can you even think of letting her stay here?” Erika growled and it took everything in me not to laugh. She was worked up and convinced that Olivia was a demolisher.

“Erika, she’s my friend” I said and Erika rolled her eyes. “She has nowhere else to go, and If I don’t lend her a hand, who will?”

“Vanessa! You are digging your own grave!” Erika snarled quietly yet firmly. We’d gone to therapy and it’d been harder than normal since she couldn’t concentrate. We gave up and went to the diner instead hence the arguments. “I know Olivia; she is nothing but a schemer. Believe me, she is here to make sure she gets Andrew back!” she snapped getting frustrated. “I don’t know why you’re falling for her stories. Stories that I’m convinced are fabricated!” funny she called me a schemer when I first married Andrew.

“Erika, I understand your apprehension, I do! But Olivia means no harm. It’s just unfortunate what she’s been through; and she’s usually a sweet girl!” I amended and she cocked her eyebrow that it nearly touched her hairline and looked at me in disbelief

“Uh huh…is that right?” she said and I nodded, no longer amused though. Something about the way she was looking at me unnerved me. Like she knew for a fact that trouble was brewing. She finally raised her hands in surrender and gave me a secretive grin. “Don’t say I didn’t warn you!” she huffed and left without further ado.

****

****Olivia****

I knew I was succeeding! Andrew’s demeanor had totally changed the last couple days and I couldn’t be happier. Vanessa bought my TRUE sad story, THAT horrid Erika was only God knows where with her boyfriend. Andrew had been coming home later than usual, and indication that he wanted to talk to me but couldn’t for 2 main reasons: one, he was still angry with me, and two, he feared betraying his dear wife.

It was around 2 in the morning when I gave up the idea of sleeping. I kept tossing and turning, and when sleep came, I woke up in a fitful sweat as the outcome of a nightmare that involved Jack. I got some water from the kitchen and went to the living room and sat in the dark near the lamp. Clad in my SHORT light green, silk pajamas shorts and matching tank top, I quietly and merrily watched as Andrew strode into the living room.

Blood shot eyes, messy hair and only in his pajama bottoms, he looked as handsome as ever. he also went in the kitchen, grabbed some water and came back to the living room and I decided to flick on the lamp. The look on his face was priceless

“Hi!” I ventured and he frowned

“What are you doing in here?”

“Just like you, I couldn’t sleep!” I said shrugging one shoulder and he looked like a dear caught in the headlights!

“And what makes you think that I couldn’t sleep?” he demanded after recovering.

“I just knew.” I said and he raised his brow. “Look, what we shared is like a magnetic force pulling us towards each other tonight.” I said and he gave me a blank stare. “I bet you were missing me, and you sneaked out here with a chance that I might be here waiting for you. Well, here I am! Awake! Waiting patiently because somewhere in my subconscious, I knew you would come tonight” I said getting up and sauntering near him and he chuckled

“Oh hahaha, Olivia! My goodness! You delude yourself young lady!” he said still chuckling. “But for the record, I want you to know that-uh- I love my wife, I do, very, very, very much and nothing, absolutely nothing will EVER come between us!” he exclaimed all trace of humor gone and I snickered which caused his eyes to narrow. “So, I recommend that you get those nasty thoughts out of your mind.”