chapter 19

Chapter 19:****Olivia****

This one is dedicated to brebre23_love and Tanee1978 for my first comments ever! Thank you!

Alert: lots of POV changing! Don’t like it, but have to….sorry!

I stretched out on the sofa feeling sated and elated because my plan had just taken seed. Andrew on the other hand looked hilarious with his guilty face and uncomfortable stance if his tense shoulders and hard jaw set were any indication.

“I can’t believe we did what we just did!” he moodily grumbled and I compressed the urge to roll my eyes

“It was inevitable Andrew! STOP fretting.” I said sweetly

“Vanessa must not hear about this. She doesn’t deserve to suffer like this.” he sternly declared and that royally pissed me off. Here I was unbelievably sore from his angry poundings, and he was concerned for that bitch.

“I am not stupid, of course I know that.” I said evasively “This is just between you and me”

“I better get back to work.” Drew said as he picked up the documents, still not looking at me. I stood up from the sofa, rearranged the little white towel so that it covered at least my front, “Alright then, I’ll see you later!” I said enthusiastically and leaning in to kiss him in the process. He however, moved as if the idea of us kissing was the most atrocious one. To this, I raised my eyebrows in disbelief and he glared at me as if to say this changes nothing. He then left without another glance and I shrugged since it was still the beginning, he’ll come around I snickered.

That evening, I pointedly went to the basement and I met Andrew on the staircase as he was coming down going to the gym. He froze as his whole body stiffened. He recovered quickly and tried to sidestep me but I anticipated his moves, and in the end it looked like we were doing a slow dance. Suddenly he stopped, shoved his hands in his pockets and gave me a face as if daring me to do what I had in mind. I stepped up to the stair he was standing on and kissed him with a force to bruise him in the process.

I got a prickling on my spine and opened my eyes to see a scowling Erika peering at us with dark eyes full of rage and disbelief. She looked on for another moment before she stomped her foot descending the next stair and we jumped apart, me in fake fright of course.

Andrew went on to the gym and I went up the stairs with a smug look and a little too much swag to my walk indicating my victory. If looks could kill, I’d be dead because Erika was at her best! She looked like those repugnant medieval evil witches, with her face scrunched up in distaste, she looked frightening. But I was the winner so any looks had nothing to do on my jubilation. When I reached the top stair, which she was on, I stood up chin high in the air, eyes unwavering from her hatred, glared a few more seconds and then huffed and left her there. I don’t even know what she was doing here because last I heard, she was getting married.

********

3 months and the affair was as solid as could be. We set a routine that I was unhappy about, but was convenient for the both of us. He’d leave the house too early in the morning as usual, and then I’d go by his office at lunch time which would turn into Andrew cancelling all his meeting for the day. My favorite was when I went to California to “visit” my aunt for three weeks, while Andrew went out of the country for a meeting. Three weeks of uninterrupted bliss and lots, and lots of sex.

I didn’t mind at all because this fortified the fact that I was pregnant AND we hadn’t been using any protection. Poor Vanessa had no idea or maybe she did but we both know how naïve and trusting she could be. As for sex, she was getting none because I made it my personal goal and intent to wear Andrew out before going back home.

About a week ago, we were coming out of a hotel for the evening heading back home, when I glimpsed Erika and her fiancé coming out of a different door. Andrew was engrossed in our conversation so he didn’t see them. We were holding hands, so I steered him ahead while I coyly turned around, my eyes connected with Erika’s and I unobtrusively winked. I could’ve sworn I saw smoke coming out of her ears. When we got to the door, I made a show of turning around and saw her flinging her hands in the air as if explaining something to Alex her fiancé.

*****

****Vanessa****

Well things have been awkward to say the least. Andrew never has time to each breakfast or lunch for that matter. He used to beg me to allow him to come home for lunch but now, he says he’s busy preparing for a huge contract. It has been a little over 3 months and Olivia hasn’t shown any sign of “getting back on her feet” and move out. She hasn’t attended one interview in over 2 months, and I can’t find it in myself to even hint at her moving out. I once thought that maybe they were sneaking behind my back, but the thought was squashed as soon as it raised its head because Andrew still hated Olivia with a passion. We haven’t talked about Olivia ever since the day she showed up, and knowing their history and the fact that she had no one else to help her, I held my tongue.

Today was Friday night and he came home at 10 pm. He started the late coming home routine about 2 months ago. You see, I’m a very observant person, but I’m not talkative. I’ve seen and heard stories of the nagging wife and the last thing I wanted was to make Andrew feel clustered by my badgering.

Usually he comes in after I’ve fallen asleep since I’m an early sleeper. Today however, I drank lots of coffee and waited until he showed up. He showered, refused any dinner, and came into the room freshly showered. He wouldn’t look at me and I assumed that he thought I was asleep.

He slumped into the chair in front of his desk, opened up a drawer and pulled out a bunch of documents and started reading. Patience and nagging be damned, I decided to speak up for once in 2 months.

“Honey, you’ve been working too hard lately, please come to bed.” I said not bothering to hide the hurt I felt.

“Uh…sweetheart, it’s uh…it’s just that…uh….deep breath…I’m really sorry.” He said still avoiding eye contact and I frowned. He’s lying, the little doubtful voice said and I squashed it down. “It’s just that…uh…I uh…need to concentrate that’s…that’s all.” Why wouldn’t he look at me? I silently fumed.

“If I didn’t know you better, I’d say you are avoiding me!” I growled and sat up in the bed while cuddling a pillow.

“Baby, it’s…it’s not like that really! You know it’s just that I … I really need to get my act together concerning that big contract I told you about, remember?” he stuttered and stammered, something astounding and stunning.

“You don’t spend time with me the way you used to do.” I said sadly and he froze much to my dismay. “You’re different. Things are a bit weird between us and you know!” I said sadly and softly, and finally he left whatever he was working on and came to the bed.

“It’s not like that. It’s not what you think at all. I’m still the same guy. I’ve not changed!” he said in a sick sweet voice and I lay down and he cuddled my head in his lap. “Look, it’s just that lately, I’ve been kind like too busy, but believe me given time, things will stabilize and normalize alright? Don’t disturb your pretty head over this ok? I still love you, ok?” he said and kissed my forehead. My Godamn forehead! We haven’t had sex in 3 months, and the minute I voice my worries, he only kisses my forehead.

It is short I know, but I couldn’t stand to do 3 people’s POV in one chapter…it drives me mad to no end! The good news is that I’ll upload more tomorrow…chao!