Chapter 8 is up

Chapter 8: OLIVIA

I probably looked insane and delusional going through everything in my house trying to find my car keys to no avail. Finally I gave up and went to the living room, where I searched every cushion, and every flower pot and still nothing. My dad was sitting in one of the sofas and he was looking at me very amused. “Dad, please! I-I’m looking for something under the chair.” I told him shyly and she scoffed but got up anyway. And hurriedly searched through it but I still couldn’t find them. Damn where were they? “Can I sit down now?” my dad asked in a knowing tone but I ignored it. “Yes go ahead!”

He sat and I proceeded to the next sofa but before I finished, I suddenly heard a jingle of keys behind me and I turned in surprise to find them in my father’s hand. “Oh dad thanks! I never know how I lose these things!” I said happily and made a motion to go and grab them but my dad moved them out of my reach and I looked at him alarmed.

“You can no longer drive the car!” my father declared in his scary booming voice.

“Ohhh…is it faulty?” I asked and he gave me a flat look.

“Ahh God! I guess I can use the BMW then!” I exclaimed happily but my happiness was short lived.

“You cannot drive the BMW nor any other car for that matter!” he said with finality and I dumbly stared at him.

“I have withdrawn all your privileges! Your cars and your allowance until you get married to Andrew, who is a decent guy! And besides, he was here with his uncles!” he shattered my life with a sneer.

“Daddy, the wedding is not until six months! How do you expect me to cope without a car AND money for that long?” I asked bewildered but obviously he wasn’t done. I was cornered and the devil himself knew it.

“Oh, oh, oh! The wedding has brought forward!”

“WHAT?”

“Yes!”

“Daddy, why are you doing this? Why are you in such a hurry to marry me off? Are you tired of seeing me in your house?” I fired question after question at him in an accusing tone because I was downright pissed. How dare they change the wedding date without my consent and expect me to be all yay!

“Ollivviiia!” my dad said in a sing song. “I’m not tired of you! What I am tired of is your stupidity! I will not allow you to bring disrepute to my name. So we decided to move the wedding forward so that you’ll get to understand that this is a very, very serious family matter. And for you to STOP acting silly!” he boomed and I was double scared by now. Where was my mother anyway? “That’s why your privileges have been withdrawn. And if you disobey me any further, you’ll see what I will do to you!” he finished and stood up.

“But dad…” that’s as far as I got because he stood up to his full height and glared me down. I feel small every time he does that.

“Oliviiia! You don’t even have the right to argue!” he sneered and left me fuming.

“Dad!Dad? Dad!...” I repeatedly called as I ran after him, but as soon as he got to his bedroom, he got in and slammed the door in my face. Damn, I’m done for this time!

“Think, think!” I yelled at myself pulling my hair in frustration. Suddenly a light bulb went up in my head and I smiled. I’ll talk to Vanessa she’ll know what to do. I called her and asked her to meet me at Nick’s a little Mexican restaurant in thirty minutes.

She was there already when I reached the place and I couldn’t hide my surprise. She either took the bus or hailed a cab to go anywhere, but Vanessa was never late anywhere. She was in our usual booth and we ordered our foods right away. We chatted about anything and everything, but I could read the curiosity in her eyes.