Chapter 4 is up!

hapter 4: ****Olivia****

I was sitting on the couch the following morning watching a re-run of FRIENDS when my mother came out of nowhere and turned off the TV. Rude much? I thought so too.

“Mom, that’s FRIENDS and you know that is my favorite episode.” I told her and she stared at me like I was mad. Uh-oh. Long talks here we come!

“You and I need to have a long talk!” she said with a perfectly plucked eyebrow raised.

“Can’t we do it later?” I asked.

“NO. We will talk right now!” she said as she sat down next to me. My mother isn’t shallow, or as scary as she looks, it just annoys me to death when she meddles in my business.

“Olivia Marie Jensen? I’ll not have you disgrace this family. NO, I will not! I brought you up properly, and you must do right! If you think because you’re out of college, or because you’re past 21, then you can run around Tucson with that LUNATIC from hell? You better have a rethink because I, Joyce Jensen, will cut off those two left feet of yours! I hope it’s clear enough” she said looking at me with so much disgust.

Suddenly we heard clapping and we both turned to see my father formally dressed staring at us with an evil smile on his face. “Joyce, tell her!” he said in a bored voice. “Tell her! Because if you don’t and she continues this erratic nonsense behavior of hers, I’ll deal with the both of you!” he said in his booming voice that scared people, myself included.

“Why are you always blaming me for Olivia’s problems?” my mom asked my dad in a wounded voice.

“Because you are her mother! Aren’t mother supposed to take care of their children?” he asked my mom and she shut her mouth which left me on the spot. Once again traitor!

“As for you, and as far as you are concerned?” he said pointing a finger at me. “ if I hear any more episode of you and that crazy fellow, I’ll strip you of all your privileges!” this had my attention and the devil knew it!

“Yes! Car, allowance, everything! Unless you behave in a manner befitting the name of the Jensens.OK?” he finished his speech with an evil grin and then fled the house in hurry to God knows where.  My dad was retired but you could never find him at home during daytime.

“I believe his words are enough for the wise.” My mother said, got up and left me alone. What she meant, don’t ask me because I don’t know.

I know I’m too old to be living with my parents, but I’m an only child, a girl, and my parents are rich and old fashioned. They believe that a girl should move out of her parents’ house only when she gets married.

I was planning to spend the whole day at home like the good girl they want me to be, but their speeches just put my mood in a drain. I got in my car and went to see Jack since I hadn’t seen him for 2 long days.

“Don’t just lay there saying nothing, talk to me!” I begged Jack who was laying on his stomach refusing to even look at me.

“What do you want me to say? Huh? Look, I’m getting sick and tired of this whole thing! I mean I can’t do you no more! One moment you love me like I’m the best thing that ever happened to you. The next moment, you deny me in front of your folks. What’s this about?” he asked as he sat up and stared at me.

“This is all your fault!” I accused

“How?” he asked

“Well, if you hadn’t gone away to God knows where, all this wouldn’t have happened!” I snapped at him. “And now you want me to break up with Andrew who has done nothing wrong to me?” I asked softly begging him with my eyes to understand. If I broke up with Drew, who knows what my crazy parents will do?

“Andrew has been good to me Jack! You are the one who hurt me. You are the one who took a long walk when I needed you the most.” I said sadly.

“Enough times me tell you! Me was just looking for me Canaan!” he defended himself

“You were just chasing shadows. And you couldn’t even catch one shadow!” I scolded him and he looked down in shame.

“Pray! Tell me! Did you find you Canaan land?” I asked angrily. “Okay, you’re back! No change, still the same, maybe even worse!” I said breathing hard.

“Ah baby girl, me made a wrong turn.” He said sulking. “But now, me no say you’re the only chosen one for me!” he answered

“And you did not keep in touch. You did not keep in touch with me! Jack for 3 years, I did not hear a word from you. And now you show up and expect that all I was doing all this time was waiting for you? It doesn’t work that way!” I said gesturing with my hands a lot, a sign that I was angry and disappointed.

“You left your land fellow for far too long for another person to cultivate. And now you want me to throw away that person?” I asked

“You can tell him that the landlord is back and he wants his land back!” he persisted and I felt like shaking him. Didn’t he understand that without Andrew there would be no money, and without money we’d both die since he had no job? Stubborn idiot! Ugh!

“It’s not as easy as it sounds.” That’s all I said to him. You know what? Let’s talk about something else! Did you call your uncle? The one who promised to give you a job in his company?” I asked

“I told you many times, I cannot! Rasta man cannot stay in an office and wear a tie! I’m a free spirit send by Jah…” he said with raised eyebrows like the idea of him in an office was as ridiculous as driving from Africa to America.

“Please, please, please! Sweetheart look, I believe in your talent. But right now, it is not going to take you anywhere serious! You need to give me something tangible. You need to prove to me that you can put food on the table. I’m not going to eat the sound of your voice!” I told him exasperated because he didn’t seem to understand.

He got up from the bed, stood in front of me towering above and grabbed me by the waist “Even if the sound of my voice caresses your soul.” He said in soft voice his eyes never leaving mine. “The sound that takes you to sleep and gives you such sweet dreams! Huh?” he said while kissing the side of my lips.

He brought one of his hands in my hair, massaging my spine, while the other hand turned my head in the direction he desired. He kissed my neck and up he went to my sensitive spot behind my ear and I moaned. He pulled my earlobe in his mouth and suckled gently before biting it playfully. That’s it; I thought and started undoing his buttons frantically. I got off his shirt and he finally captured my lips in a bruising kiss that left me panting with desire. He lowered on the bed and proceeded to show me how sorry he was for abandoning me!

Comment and vote: first story ever, so any feedback is more than appreciated! Next chapter we meet another person that’s playing a huge part in Olivia’s indecision to marry Drew!