Chapter 14. part 2

Chapter 14

Part 2

I walked out of the bathroom shaking. I looked at Charlotte who was sitting on the edge of my bed.

"You were right." I stated. "I am pregnant." I said. "How did you know?" I asked.

"I saw the simptoms. One of my friends had the same." Charlotte replied.

"Oh my God. What should I do now? What if Alexander doesn't want kids? " I started to panick.

"Look, take my plane and go back to New York. Talk to Alex. May be at first he will be shocked but if he truly loves you he will accept it." Charlotte said.

"But what about the meeting? I have to be there. I promised Thomas I will be there." I said.

"No, you don't have to. You are not the CEO. Besides, I can tell them that your family had some problems and you had to leave, that you left late in the night." Charlotte said.

"But what if he will decline the contract because I'm not there?" I asked.

"He won't, trust me. Now, pack your things and go back home. We can survive without you." Charlotte said.

"Ok. Can you call the cab?" I asked.

"Yeah." Charlotte said and walked out of my bedroom.

I instantly took off my dress and put on a regular dress. I put everything I had with me back in the suitcase. I walked out of the suite and sat down on the couch.

"The cab will be here in 10 minutes." Charlotte said.

"Are you sure I can go back home? "I asked.

"Yes. Now, stop worrying. It's no good for the baby." She answered.

"What baby?" I heard David's voice. Damn it.

"Melanie's pregnant." Charlotte replied turning to face David.

"She is WHAT?!" David yelled. "Please tell me you are getting an abortion. You can't actually keep this baby. Brown will dump you as soon as he finds out your pregnant."

"She is not getting an abortion. Even if he will abandon her, I can help raise the kid." Charlotte said.

Later Charlotte helped me to get in the cab. She helped me get the suitcase.

"Where to?" The driver asked.

"To the Los Angeles International airport." I answered.

I'm pregnant.

I can't believe I am pregnant. This baby can and will change my whole life. And what if Alex doesn't want kids? At least, not yet?

What will happen if I give birth to this baby? Will it be a boy or a girl? What if Alex will not want to deal with this baby? What if he will leave me or tell me that I cheated on him and that is not actually his baby? What if he will want me to make an abortion?

Soon we arrived at the airport and I made my way to Charlotte's private jet. Apparently Charlotte had already made a call to the pilot and the crew because they were all standing outside the jet.

"How are you feeling, Miss Carter?" The pilot asked

"I am a little bit stressed and shocked." I answered.

Gabriel instantly was next to my side and his right hand wrapped around my waist and the other hand took my left hand.

"I'll help you." He said and we started to climb up the small staircase to the jet.