Chapter 2

On the side is the picture of Melanie Carter!

Chapter 2

I was walking in the building. I greeted everyone just like everyone greeted me.

" BABY SIS! " I heared a voice call. I groaned, because I knew the owner of this voice. I turned around and saw my brother running to me.

"Hey. Where were you yesterday? I went to see you after your lunch break, but you were gone." Daniel said. "Yeah, Charlotte let me free. " I said.

We both walked in the elevator. He pressed the number 25 and I pressed 28. Soon Danny walked out and I continued my way up.

At the top floor I took off my coat and took the coffee cups. I had the list of the people.

I walked over to the office and walked in. I was 5 minutes earlier, as usual, so that meant that Charlotte wasn't here yet.

I put the coffee cup on the desk and put the list next to it. I sat at the chair and waited for my boss to arrive.

I heard the door open and I immediately got up from the chair and turned to look at Charlotte, but came to a shock.

"Hey, beautiful!" He said. David Haulden. The Co CEO of Haulden Inc. Also known as Charlotte's brother who is desperately trying to get me on a date for the past three years. Of course, I always say no. He asks for an excuse and I say that I don't want a relationship with my boss. But he still keeps trying.

"Good morning, Mr Haulden!" I greeted him. "Melanie, how many times do I have to tell you to call me David? How come you call my sister by her first name but you call me by my last name?" He asked.

"I'm sorry, David!" I apologised. " It's a habbit." I explained. "Ok. I forgive you today. But just because it is morning and I am in a good mood. " David said and took his seat in the chair.

"Umm... that coffee is made for Charlotte. I can go and make you your black coffee." I said. "No thank you. I already had that one. I will drink this one. " David said.

"So... what's this? " David asked about the list of people. " That is the list of people who will attend a charity ball tomorrow. Only there is only half of them. I wasn't able to get the rest of them. They weren't published yet. Charlotte told me to find out who will attend there. We are supposed to be there. " I answered.

" Yeah, about that. Char is sick. She has got some flu and isn't feeling well. That's why I am here today. And about this ball. Looks like both of us are going to be there. " David said.

Oh, no. Not with him. I definitely don't want to attend this event even with David. He is going to flirt with me all the time and when I will reject his offer to go to a date with him, he will get drunk and do terrible and humiliating things. Trust me, you don't want to know what kind of things. I have lived it. It wasn't anything nice.

I forced a smile. " Ok." I said. " At what time does it start? " David asked. "It starts at 8PM. " I answered. " Ok. I will pick you up at 7.30 PM sharp." He said and I nodded.

"And what about today? What do I have to do today?" I asked. " Well... we could always go on a date." He stated. "Umm... David.  No. I will not go on a date with you." I said. " It was only a thought. But today..."

David started to give me orders. They were a lot but they seemed to be easy.

After that I walked out of the office and started my work.

After some time, a young woman showed up. " Hello. I am here to meet David Haulden." She said. "What is your name?" I asked. I was going to check the schedule. "My name is Prudence Dalton. " She answered.