Chapter 12

Chapter 12

Even though my stomach didn't feel very well in the morning, I didn't say anything to Alex, because he would make me stay at home, I still got up and went to my work.

I walked inside the familiar Starbucks coffee shop.

"Good morning, Melanie. I hadn't seen you for a while." Amanda greeted me. I smiled.

"Good morning, Amanda. I know. I was busy with work and then some family things. My dad woke up from coma and is home now." I told her.

"Oh my God. That's so awesome. " Amanda said while making my coffee.

She gave me the order and I payed for it.

"Ok, see you later." We said to each other, at the same time.

I made my way to the office building.

I put my bag and coat at my table and went to see Charlotte.

I knocked on the door and then opened them.

"Good morning, Charlotte. " I said. She just waved me with her hand. She was talking on the phone.

Charlotte put the phone down. "Good morning, Melanie."

"What's the job for today?" I asked.

"You have to cancel the meeting for Thursday. You have to send these papers to Mr. Holland..." She said handing me a pile of documents. "You have to book a table for four persons in a restaurant...I can't remember the name. I will tell you that later. And you will have to go through some papers and check if they are alright for a contract. " Charlotte said.

I nodded. I sat up and made my way towards the exit. I sat at my desk and started my work.

During the hours before lunch break, I had the urge to vomit like three times. I didn't tell anything to Charlotte because she would send me home, but I don't want that. I will just make an appointment to doctor if I won't get better.

Amanda had called me. We agreed to meet and have a lunch together. We hadn't hang out together for a while now. Moreover, when I started "dating" Alex.

Before I left for lunch break with Amanda, I told Charlotte I am leaving. She told me the name of the restaurant for the table reservation. I told her I will do it when I will get back.

I walked out of the buildig and saw Amanda sitting on a bench and texting someone.

I walked towards her. She looked up and saw me. She immediatly jumped off the bench and ran towards me. We hugged.

"Oh God, Melanie. I missed you so much!" Amanda said. I smiled.

"I missed you too, Amanda." I said.

We pulled away from each other.

"Where we will go?" I asked.

"Olive pit?" Amanda proposed.

"Sure. We haven't been there in forever." I said and we both laughed.

When we reached Olive Pit, we found our usual seat. The waiter came and gave us the menues.

"So, how's life?" I asked.

"Oh, ummm... nothing much. The same. " Amanda said. But I had the feeling that she is hiding something.

"Amanda, is everything ok? I can see that you are hiding something. " I said.

"Oh, it's nothing." She said again.

"No, it's not nothing. I can see it in your eyes. Did Greg do something to you?" I asked.

Amanda just looked out of the window. That was the answer I needed.