Vacation Sucks!...Wait, a Hot Lifeguard? (38)

"Common." Joey dragged me down the hallways, running. We passed a few staff members who told us to stop running but Joey ignored them. We passed the main lobby until we were outside. "Where are we going?" I finally asked.

"I was thinking we can play golf." Golf? Joey plays golf?

"Golf? I didn't mark you as a guy who likes golf."

Joey grinned. "Well it sounds like fun. I've never really played but I'm guessing there are pirates." Joey held the passenger door open for me to get in.

"Pirates?" I questioned before I got inside. I glanced away looking around. I felt like Ethan would come out and see me. I had no reason to hide but for that moment I didn't want Ethan to see me hanging out with Joey.

"Yeah it's called Pirates' Cove Adventure Golf." Joey locked the doors and turned the radio on. The name sounded familiar to me for some reason. "Where at?"

"It's in downtown dells."

"Downtown dells? Where is that?"

"Like ten minutes away. It's by a little shop called Aunt Jenny's got it all."

"I know where that is." I said excitedly. For once I knew where we were going and I was actually looking forward to it. Joey wasn't being his usual self. "Okay, sounds good to me." I told him in a cheerful voice. We passed the other main attractions including a few Go Cart tracks and Mount Olympus, along with minor motels with small outdoor pools.

"Than if you want we can go to the batting cages if you want." Joey suggested.

"Maybe...depends on how the golf thing goes." It took exactly fifteen minutes to get to Pirates Cove Adventure Golf. The outside looked cool enough. Joey parked his car and we were off to have fun?

"Which golf course do you want to do?" Joey asked me. I looked at the options and read what each of them contained. Every course sounded fun and if I could I would do them all. "Well since you've never played golf maybe you can go play golf on the Captain Kidd's golf course." I said to tease Joey.

"No it's taken me this long to get you on a date so whatever you do I'm doing." This time I was the one grinning. "Well I want to play the Blackbeard's golf course."

"Whatever you want Tink." Joey tried pulling me into him but I swiftly pulled away and pretended to look at something. Joey grunted but said nothing about my sudden movement. We passed a sign that listed the prices for the five different golf courses and the Family Fun Center. My looked over it but Joey stopped.

"Say that you're eleven years old."

"What? Why?!"

"Because than I pay less. I'll only pay ten dollars and if I say you're an adult I have to pay twelve." Here I thought we were going to have fun and he's worried about paying twelve dollars for the entrance fee? "No, you pretend you're twelve years old!" I said, baffled by his comment.

"Okay how about being fourteen or something? You're definitely short enough to pass as a fifteen or fourteen year old." I hit Joey in the arm. "No, here I'll just give you the money to pay for me." I answered, annoyed by his presence suddenly.

Joey stopped laughing and smiled. "Tink, I was only joking. Put your money back in your pocket."

"No, now I'm paying." I walked straight past Joey, up to the stand to buy my admission ticket.

"One adult ticket please for the Blackbeard course." The attendant smile, handed me a ticket and took my money. "Next." She called out. Joey stopped me from leaving and held me by his side. "Ma'am can you please give her back her money." The attendant looked up confused. "What?" She questioned Joey and then looked at me.