Vacation Sucks!...Wait, a Hot Lifeguard? (1)

"Alexa, you don't have a choice in the matter you're going and that's final." That was my mom yelling at me to get my things packed for summer vacation. She wanted to go to some water resort in Wisconsin Dells. Yeah, sounds like fun but I'm not really up for it.

The thing is going out on vacation with my family just causes arguments and embarrassment. Last year we went to Orlando Florida and everything was going great until the day we went to Walt Disney World. Somehow my father got in a fight with Mickey Mouse and we were escorted out.

And by escorted out I mean literally pushed out of the theme park to avoid any further break in the spell/magic aura they have going on there.

But boy is it embarrassing to have your dad fighting a well-known and loved Disney character. I was just lucky to know that no one in the amusement park knew who I was. If only that was the only problem a girl my age could have after an incident like this. Of course in this day in age, I didn't consider the fact that cell phones have cameras. Cameras that can record and with little access to both WI-Fi and a great data plan package it would be everywhere within seconds.

The video of my father in the biggest fight in history at the theme park became one of the most watched videos on Youtube. So any plans on keeping it a secret from my friends died there at the park as soon as the first punch landed.

I didn't want a repeat of that so I tried acting sick but my mom wouldn't let it go. Since I didn't have a fever she said I was fine. I tried faking a stomach ache but I didn't fake it well enough so that meant I had to go.

If only it were August by then I'd turn eighteen and make my own decisions. I wouldn't have to go on another stupid family vacation like this one.

"Alexa! Don't make me go up there and pack your clothes for you!" I grabbed one of mom's suitcases from her closet and threw it on my bed. My mother planned a one-month stay at the Great Wolf Lodge. The name alone didn't make the idea of going any better. I hate wolves. Well maybe I just hate Jacob from Twilight but to me, that classified all wolves.

I gathered a bunch of nice summer clothes that my mom had bought me and I threw them in the suitcase without folding them. I got my toothbrush, soap, shampoo, and conditioner from my bathroom and put them in one of the compartments of my suitcase.

I grabbed both my iPod charger, cell phone charger, and stuffed them inside.

As I ran downstairs to ask my mom if I needed to bring makeup or anything special with me, my brother Jordan, bumped me on the shoulder. "Yo, sis, mom's super pissed at you."

"Shut up, Jordan. It's not like I don't already know." Jordan's my older brother. He's 18 and going off to college after our vacation is over. For mom, this is her way of trying to squeeze some extra time with him and the whole family before we all start going our separate ways.

While I inherited all my features from our mother. Brown hair and brown eyes.

Jordon, inherited our father's blue eyes and ashy brown hair. He thinks he's better than me at everything...or at least that's what he leads everyone to believe.

"Gosh take a chill pill. I was only warning you!"

"There you are? Are you ready? If not then I'm just going to pack for you." My mom put on her sandals and looked at me at the same time from the dining room. "I packed but I need to know if we're going to be going out...like a fancy restaurant or something."

"Why would you need to know that?"

"Well, so I can bring some nice clothes along with my summer clothes."