These violent delights

Ryan Matson
2018

Before he could dwell on the little [okay, fine. Big] information, his eyesight darkened. His arms and legs felt like they were covered in jelly causing him to sluggishly thrash around. He could feel himself panicking under his nearly immobile state. He couldn't tell where he was, just that he was falling. Air rushed past his ears, the loud whooshing leaving no place for other noises. His heart hammered in his chest, his arms flaying around looking for something solid but he was only met with nothing.

He cursed at the women who had probably left him to fall for eternity. It was probably a cruel joke to them. With his mind terrified out of his wits, he couldn't concentrate on the piece of information he had seen. Like..

He was in the past memory a second ago and then he was shrouded in total darkness, free falling through some eternal dimension or something. The women can't possibly be called back at the worst time, leaving up in his sluggish sort of state in their now gaping hole of darkness.

He couldn't scream, it was like his mouth was sewn tight, his eyelids heavy with miasma. It's going to be like a time travel thingie, with him falling through this tunnel and when he finally manages to see the light of day, it will be Dorty years in the future with earth a wasteland of sewage and wranglers, he thought to himself miserably. At least in these type of scenes in the movies, the screamed bloody murder and when he was going through the nearly exact scene, his mouth refused to open. His sister would probably be happy to see that he couldn't scream and embarrass himself.

It was then the world turned upside down and instead of falling through space, he ended up sprawled in a familiar street, nauseous and coughing. Nobody was there anyway to see him miserably puking out his lunch. At least this was upside of the situation.

He wasn't given much time to check himself for any missing body parts as a soft hiss made him turn to stone. The voice whispered in his ear, laced with terror. He's found them. He's found them. Run before he finds you too.

His eyebrows furrowing, he called out. " What do you mean by that?!". But only the whispering of the wind greeted him. Everything was silent around him once again, egging the feeling of terror to show. He could feel his thoughts to waver, suddenly making no sense. It was crazy wasn't it though? That what he thought he saw seemed real but no one would believe him. Hell, he didn't believe it himself.

He was thoroughly sick of it. Everything strange was taking place in his life, uprooting whatever he thought was real and solid and he could do nothing about it. He felt helpless. And now someone was telling him to escape because something was after him? What did he do to do that? Maybe he should've let his sister take control, she'd probably announce everything as bogus and that would be it. No strange ladies, no half faced devils, or whispering in his mind. No images playing in his mind, no strange feeling of deja visite, nothing out of ordinary. He was done.

Looking around him, he ran back to his house. Everything was happening so quickly and he couldn't find enough to actually swallow it. It seemed so surreal even though he knew everything he was seeing was real.