prologue

1823

It was the dead of the night.

The silver moon shone it's milky rays into the dirty water of the Thames and it's nearest buildings. River Thames shone pearly white, hiding horrors under its soft look. The city of London slept away, eerily silent as the nightmarish beings slithered around its streets.

On a grassy patch of land, the air glittered with picturesque triangles around it. A large building was decorated  with huge spires which jutted towards the soft clouds floating in the starry night. The building seemed abandoned, its dirty color stained windows casting a bright glow on the river.

The four heads of the Blood Folk were seated the inside the buildings large hall, arguing on a matter which seemed quite mundane to the man standing before them, tapping his foot impatiently.

Words concerning matters which seemed trivial to the man were thrown around the large wooden table. The heads weren't used to sending their own to dangerous places but with a persistent eye of the man, they knew they would be forced to bow under his will.

At the heart of the building, loud whispering bounced of the walls as the man silently awaited a word from the agitated heads. His ebony hair was pushed back, his expensive dressing a bit mushed and his face, a mask of jumbled emotions.

James Necro was a man who was respected throughout the monster world. With him being one of the descendants of the first Vampire, he was worshipped. His family had been the powerful nobles in the monster until the reigns of various Kings and Queens were demolished a century ago. With his ageless handsome features, his years of experience in many nightmarish situations, he was well respected, loved for billions.

The distressing matter of James Necro visiting the place which the Blood Folk had centuries ago banned was bad. Transylvania had been the birth place of first vampires and werewolves but also of hunters. Those humans who despised the very existence of them and deemed it their mission to rid the world of these monsters. These murders were the reason why the Monster World had gone into hiding. And even though monster killings had decreased, the six heads hadn't budged from their rule.
This question had been given to them months ago and now James Necro had finally come to them to get his acceptance. Everyone seemed against his decision and it might be true that the place was dangerous but for him it was worthwhile.

Tension  was crackling in the air and with the increasing irritation of James Necro's part, he was eady o lose is polite demeanour on them.

Then with a flourish of a black robe, silence overtook the hall. James Necro felt himself ease, a small smirk gracing his lips. But minutes went past and neither spoke. His smirk dropped.

Narrowing his angered crimson eyes on the counci, he spoke up in a calm ing voice hiding the storm under it. The silence broke away as he tightened his clasped hands. "If you don't mind me asking, what conclusion have you all come too? Am I given the permission to leave?".

"You know we don't approve of you leaving London. I think we all know it's foolish-", The consul started, his hand rubbing his dark beard in a worried manner.

"Are you doubting me, Consul?" He hissed, his polite tone leaving for just a second.

"Of course not, James! I just don't like a man of high esteem such as yourself to go there". The Consul replied in a worried tone, his eyes glancing at him in a panicked way.

James smirked, placing his pale fingers on the table."It's Mr. Necro , Mr Mclangdon".

The Consul felt instantly insulted. Being a close friend to the man's Father and seeing the whelp go up from a proud pudgy nosed bully to a proud handsome young lad, he found it quite saddening that Mr. Necro would ever say this to him.
James smirked widened, noting the annoyed wrinkles around the Consul's mouth. He switched his steely gaze on the woman beside the consul. "So I am allowed to go?" He asked impatiently.

"If you don't mind me asking you this Mr. Necro that-".

"I do mind, Dear Minister". The man said making the woman glare at him with her forest green eyes which contrasted against her dark skin. "But please carry on. I don't like you stopping on my behalf. I mean, I am not that important, am I?"

The Minister pursed her lips, irritated by the smirking vampire. "As I was saying before I was rudely interrupted-", He rolled his eyes, getting tired of the unmoving six heads. " -Why do you want to go there? I know you were asked this question before but I would like you to repeat it. Just so we know that the decision we made is for your best".

James found himself grinning. The Consul scowled but kept his mouth shut from spewing the various insults on the man.

"Like I informed you before, my heart calls me there. I might be a petty reason for others, my dear Minister but I am having a feeling I could be united  with my Beloved there". He answered.

"But why now?" Another woman spoke up, her blonde hair piled on her in an elegant bun, her purple eyes sparkling.

James Necro sighed. "Like I told you before, I never thought of Transylvania as a possible destination for my Beloved. I was too focused".

"On Womanizing of course". The woman mused, her gaze directed towards her manicured hand, ignoring the hot glare he was throwing her way.

The Minister cleared her throat, trying to end the tension which had yet again rose in the room. "All in Favour of James Necro going to Transylvania?" Sighing, she glanced around at the others.

Murmurs arose in the air but he ignored it. His gaze at at the bright woman depicted in the stained glass of the tall windows.

"You may go, Mr. Necro. Benjamin Lupin, Lady Vanessa Screeve and Widow Lady Marie Claire are with you. Whereas I, Mr. Alexander Mclangon and Lady Camille Walker are against it".

"Thank you Council". He replied curtly.

"I hope you find your Beloved there, Mr. Necro". The Minister told him, slightly smiling at him.

James nodded. "I will find Her".

 "I will find Her"