visit

Edited

2018

"How can you be alright after that?"

Few days had passed since His perplexing meeting with Janus in his unconscious state. He kept the information they had shared to himself, knowing that he didn't need anyone calling him crazy too. It was enough rumours had spread like a fire around the school, saying that he blacked out as he did some kind of drugs to that his parents abused him to no end. He didn't need another set of stories running all over the town.

Saturday's were Ryan's favourite, days on which he could be free of those peeping students and relax from stressing classes of at the community collage. Having finished his assignments yesterday, he was free to have fun and forgot about everything. But the riddle was still reeling in his head, Janus's voice having reinstalled in his skull by now.

What is something which the poor has but the rich don't? Then what is left?"

Nothing was what the poor have while the rich don't. Then what is left when there is nothing?

"Earth to Ryan. Hello". He snapped away from his thoughts to look at his agitated sister, holding his melting ice care in extended her hand. Murmuring a meek thanks to her, he carried on, walking beside Angela as they made their way back to their house. The trees were shades of red and yellow, ready to fall and let the new leaves grow on the brown branches.

"You still didn't answer my question. How can you act so normal after everything happening right now?" A quiet voice asked him from his other side, stumbling somewhat on the uneven cobblestoned street. He gave a small smile to the small petite girl, her dark hair pulled back in a messy bun and her purple glasses laying askew on my tiny nose.

He shrugged. "Everything is pretty normal, Ciara. I might have blacked out, the school might've gone cuckoo with rumours and Ethan might've suddenly been kind to me, it still doesn't change much. Everything is pretty common now".

" Except Ethan checking up on you with his cousin, Cynthia". Ryan shot his sister a glare, blushing slightly which she ignored, eating her butterscotch ice cream with a hungry gaze.

It was really out of ordinary. Ethan usually indignantly ignored their presence, even with Ryan and he were paired together for their physiology class. Whenever they talked, he clipped and harsh, which gave Ryan even more reason to hate him, giving back snarky remarks in return. A unsaid rivalry had developed between the two, playing hideous pranks against each other and tripping each other when the hallway was packed. Ryan had first decided to prank him when he had embarrassed him in front of their shared class. He had dropped a small harmless snake in Ethan's bag when he wasn't looking. In the evening, he had found all of his clothes did black. And the rivalry had grown. But then he had slipped in the nurse's office, with his older cousin in tow.

He was rather nice to him then, although it didn't meant he didn't made sarcastic comments, which made Cynthia hit him upside the head. Ryan appreciated him for controlling himself from bickering with him. But it still made him confused of his intentions. Maybe Cynthia forced him to come with her. But instead he felt like Cynthia was forced to come because she seemed distracted through the ten minutes they stayed with him, until his sister came running in, making a dramatic entrance, which he was sure nobody would forgot. Neither the nurse or him.

But he couldn't help but think that their somewhat rivalry was friendly as both of them had stopped destroying another's reputation since a week ago. Maybe it was because they got to much scolding from the professors roaming the hallway for coffee.

"Yeah..".

Angela suddenly grabbed his wrist pulling him back, as Ciara also stopped short. Right outside their rusty gate, that is. He shot an annoyed look at the two females but their eyes were on someone else. "Who do you think that is?", Ryan turned to look, his eyes narrowing at the pale figure glaring at the Necro Manor, standing our its black gate.

"Maybe a thief? Should we ask?" Ciara questioned, her dark gaze on the manor instead of the man. Angela nodded, stepping forward. He tried stopping her by grabbing her hand but she shook herself free of his hold and asked the stranger sending a suspicious look. "Who are you?"

Living in a small town like Transylvania, it meant that everyone knew each other, being related to each other throughout many generations. The lanky man was not someone they knew, his features too sharp and his eyes too black against his colorless skin.

At her question, his dark gaze was on them, making a thrill spread through his bones. His strict posture and features spoke volumes, all leaning towards something dangerous. It didn't help his nerves that he replied Angela with equally agitated voice. "Why? Can't I visit my nephew?"

Angela instantly flushed, backing away with a small squeak. Ryan kept glaring at the man, grabbing his sister's hand as the man smirked, taking a predatory step towards them.

"Why don't you leave them alone?" A familiar voice made Ciara jump. They all turned to look up, finding the male sitting carelessly on the old wall, his long legs dangling over it. "You came to visit, did you not uncle?". He jumped down landing gracefully on the street, pushing his locks back once they fell in his eyes.

Scoffing, his relative left with Ethan, who smirked back at them. "I ordered pizza. Hope you like it".

His uncle scowled, his strides long as he walked inside Necro Manor, his eyes darting over the forestry. "I don't like Pizza". Ethan was grinning as they left, giving them a small wink.