Chapter 3

A Thug's Only Love: Chapter 3

~August 9th~
~Friday~
~Lexis P.O.V.~

So let me take a moment to explain myself a little bit.

I'm 16, light skinned, tall as fuck, and you guessed it I'm part of a gang. Not to mention I run the gang. I was born and raised in Oakland. I can literally get every and any female I want. All the females out here wanna be my wifey 'cause I'm living the life right now. I got money, my own house, and lots of cars. My parents left Oakland a while ago so I was on my own. The one thing I promised my Mama was; I would graduate high school. I am a man of my word so I gotta stick with it. School startin' in like 2 weeks and I just changed schools. Can't wait to see how the year goes.

I know. My name.

Don't start bitchin' sayin' "That's a girl's name" nah fuck that shit, that's my name. Plus I'm original anyways so let's see some niggas try to jack that name. It's hella sexy when broads are moanin' my name, so it's all good with me.

It was Friday so it was like a chill day for me and my boys. We kicked it out by Arlie's house. Arlie was my boy. He was tall but not as tall as me, darker skin but still light, and short dark hair. He and I go way back since our parents were mad close. He got his own crib too. He doesn't do relationships so it isn't a shocker to see him with a different female every week. Arlie lived by a main intersection so he always pickin' up females that way. The female that came rollin' up to the red light was no exception.

"Aye girl hop on out and let me get your number!" He hollered like a dumbass.

"She 'ont want you." I laughed as I looked back at her. The rest of the guys laughed. We were all never meant to be in a gang so to speak. We were jumped in unintentionally. Curiosity got the best of us when we were 8 and since then we've been chained to the gang.

Anyways, the female in the car was hella fine. She looked good ridin' in that escalade. I was about to say somethin' to her, but she already drove off. I ain't never seen her before but I need to know her.

~A Couple Hours Later~

I decided to walk around the hood, and check it out. It was a nice hood, nothin' like my old hood where me and my friends used to live, but this hood seemed quiet yet had that homie feel to it. I saw a park and noticed a female chillin' there. I was bored and needed a friend, a nigga get lonely sometimes. I walked on over and this female had swag written all over her. I decided to just tap her on her shoulder since I could literally hear her music blasting from across the park. She got good taste in music though. When I got about an arm's length distance from her, I noticed it was that female from the intersection. This should be interesting.

So basically after a while of talkin', I got a text from one of the other gang members sayin' they needed me right quick. I gave her my phone and she put her number in it. I didn't think she would but then again, I am Lexis and most honeys are usually always willing to give me their digits.

~An Hour Later~

I had to deal with some small business, but once I finished I decided I'd hit Nelle up and to my surprise she was willing to meet up again with me at the park. If I knew this side of town better I would have met up with her elsewhere but I only knew about the park. I got there and chilled on the swings again and within about 10 minutes I saw her walkin' up.

"Hey." Her voice was so soft.

"Hey Ma." I said winking at her, yeah, yeah, yeah I know its cliché to wink but aye that's how I am and it got her blushing.

"Why are you even out here? It's dark." She said as she was about to sit on the swing next to me, but I decided to pull her onto my lap. She didn't even struggle to get up, if anything she only made herself more comfortable in my lap.

"It's summer and it's a Friday. You scared of the dark or what?" I asked jokingly teasing her.

"I ain't scared of a damn thing." She said with a pout. I thought that was cute.

I was slowly swinging us back and forth. We were talkin' for a long time and she ended up laying her head on my chest so I wrapped my arms around her and I could feel a smile form on her face. I heard a lil' giggle come from her too.

"What's so funny?" I asked.

"Nothing." She said through giggles.

"Tell me, I wanna know."

"You don't need to." She said as she buried her head deeper into my chest.

Chanelle was just perfect. I know I just met her, but I feel like we have known each other for years. I didn't want to let her go either. I was so deep in thought I didn't even realize she was startin' to fall asleep in my arms.

"Chanelle." I softly said in her ear.

"Huh?"

"Wanna go home? It's already 12:41 in the morning."

"Yeah, Can you walk me home?"

"Sure."

We got up, and I started to follow her. I grabbed her hand and she willingly intertwined her fingers with mine. She looked up at me and smiled. I wanted to make her mine but I didn't wanna move too fast with her.

The walk was quiet, but not an awkward quiet, it was a comfortable quiet.

"Wanna come in for a bit?" She asked once we reached her door.

"Uhh sure." I said shrugging my shoulders.

She unlocked the door and I walked in after her. She led me to the living room and we sat on the couch watching "The Boondocks" together for about an hour or so.

"Ma, I'm gettin' tired, I think I'm gonna go." I said with a yawn before I stood up.

"Awh, okay." She said pouting.

We walked to the front door and I went to give her a hug. She leaned in and I tightened my grip on her. I didn't want to let her go. I dropped my hands so they were around her waist, and she had her arms wrapped around my neck. It was cute 'cause she was on her tippy toes. We gazed into each other's eyes for what seemed like hours and it was like we were reading each other's souls. I decided to close the space between us and kissed her.

~Chanelle P.O.V.~

He kissed me.

Our lips moved in sync. His lips were so soft and juicy. He lightly bit my lower lip and I willingly opened. He slipped his tongue in and we were wrestling for dominance, sadly he won but I didn't really care at that point. He pulled away tugging on my lower lip teasingly. He gave me a more than satisfied smirk that left me blushing hard.

"Bye Chanelle." He said, as he walked out the door.

"Bye Lexis." I said after him.

I closed the door and leaned up against it. So much was going through my mind to where I just couldn't think straight. I turned off the TV and dragged myself up the stairs. I walked to my room and crashed onto my bed hoping I would just instantly fall asleep so I wouldn't be left thinking about him. Well my hopes didn't exactly come true because I couldn't sleep at all. I kept replaying that kiss over and over till I could almost feel his lips on mine. The thought of loving a thug had never crossed my mind. I saw it as a taboo since all they do is sell, smoke, and kill.

~August 10th~
~Saturday~

I guess I finally ended up falling asleep since I woke up and instantly checked my phone. The numbers 9:16 glowed on my phone so I decided to slowly get out of bed and headed to my bathroom. I took a nice long shower and did the rest of my hygiene. I came to my room and put on some black skinny jeans, a red loose fitted shirt, and my black toms. I put my hair in a French braid and put on a little bit of make-up before I heard knocking on the door. I set my make-up down and quickly headed downstairs. I didn't think to look through the peep hole, so I just opened the door. I couldn't believe who I saw standing in front of me.