30. Getting Over Him

Louis’ POV

After dropping Taylor off at my house and changing my clothes, I went downstairs.

“Where are you going?” my mom asked, setting out a peanut butter and jelly sandwich for my sister.

“I’m meeting up with a few friends of mine.” I said, stopping in front of the door.

I knew it was weird, considering I had never really talked about or hung out with anyone but Harry, but I knew it would make her happy. She had been trying to make me more social for almost all of my life.

A smile appeared on her face before she spoke. “Oh great! Have fun!”

With that, I walked out the door and climbed into my car. If she really knew where I was going and what I was doing, she would have a big problem with it.

I entered the address I was going to into my phone’s GPS and when I started the directions, I set the phone down next to me and started to drive.

I arrived at my destination about 10 minutes later and noticed that he was waiting for me on the huge porch connected to his gorgeous house.

The minute he saw my car turn into the driveway, he leaped up and walked over to where I parked.

“Good to see you again, Zayn.” I said, smiling as he opened the door for me.

“Good to see you too.” He replied, taking me in for a hug.

No one knew, but Zayn and I had become really close since he came to me for help.

“My parents just left.” He added, walking up the walkway to his house.

I followed behind him, almost thankful for his parent’s absence. We hadn’t exactly defined our relationship and Zayn was the only one besides Harry and Taylor that knew I was gay. I wasn’t ready to meet his parents just yet.

When we got inside, he pointed me to the living room and he went into what I guessed was the kitchen.

“Can I get you anything? Are you thirsty?” Zayn asked.

“No thanks. I’m good.” I replied.

A few moments later, Zayn joined me in the living room with a glass of water for himself.

“So. How have you been?” he asked, setting his cup down on a coaster on the living room table.

“Good, I guess. Harry’s getting better. He’ll be back at school next week. Taylor’s been over almost every night though to take care of him… It hurts a little that he’d rather hang out with her than me.” I replied, just being honest.

“Taylor’s his girlfriend now, Louis. As hard as it is to watch someone you love with someone else, you have to let it go. It’s hard. I’ve been there. But I’m getting over it faster than I ever thought I could because of you.” Zayn replied, placing his hand on top of mine.

“Can we just not talk about Harry or Liam today…? Can we just focus on us? Please.” He added, smiling up at me.

I smiled back, then nodded.

Before I knew it, our lips were touching and in almost an instant, Harry was forgotten.