5. Part Two

Taylor’s POV

If only they knew why I was crying. If only they knew I wasn’t really as sad as I looked. If anything, the tears I was crying were happy tears, and as much as I hated to admit it, I almost wished he wouldn’t be okay.

He honestly deserved what he had just gone through. Harsh, I know. But if you knew the things he had done to me, you would feel the same way.

“The paramedics said we can go to the hospital, she just couldn’t ride in the ambulance. I don’t think she’s stable enough to drive.” Harry said, looking to Austin and my mom.

I wasn’t stable enough to drive because I didn’t want to go to the hospital. I wanted him to get what he deserved. I wanted him to know what it was like to feel alone. I was tired of the bull he had been pulling, and I had never been strong enough to actually do something about it. He always won.

I wanted so badly to tell them that I didn’t want to go. That I was crying because I felt a huge weight being lifted off of my shoulder. But I knew that if I did, they’d ask me why I didn’t want to go, and I would be forced to tell them the secret I’d been hiding since Niall and I’s 2 month anniversary. I didn’t want to relive the memories by telling them all about it. The scars and bruises that he had left on my body were enough of a reminder every day. Maybe now he’d have wounds of his own to hide.

“Come on, honey, let’s go.” My mom said, leading me to the car. But I didn’t budge. I couldn’t move from where I was.

“Taylor, come on.” Harry said, pushing me as well.

I started to walk to the car and Harry opened the passenger door for me. I climbed inside as my mom started the car. I looked out the front windshield and watched Austin walk inside.

“I’ll see you later.” Harry said, starting to close the door behind me.

But I stuck my foot out and stopped him. I didn’t want to go to the hospital with just my mom.

“Please come with us.” I said softly.

“Honey, Harry should probably get home to his family.” My mom said, setting a reassuring arm on me.

Harry sighed. “No, Mrs. Swift, I’d really like to come with you.”

My mom said nothing for a moment, but soon spoke. “Hop in.”

With that, Harry got into the backseat and my mom backed out of the driveway as we drove towards the hospital.