The Perks Of Being A Nerd (@theeditorschoice)

Walking down the cluttered pathway, I push my way through, only to be stopped by the Plastics. Ah, the wonderful Plastics. Not. "Well, well, well. Who do we have here girls? Oh yeah, it's the ugly pug face loser." their leader, Nicola McCall-Cosgrove sneers at me. The nosy on-lookers ooh and ahh at the snide remark. "Well, well, well. Who do we have here?" I mimic in a condescending tone. "Oh yeah, it's the group of sluts and whores who lost their virginity to a 50 year old man at the age of 10. Anyone say prostitute?" I spit back. The crowd whispers a series of 'burn', 'ohh, baby got back' and 'ouch. That's ought to sting'. I push pass all of them, purposely shouldering Nicola on my way through.

Being a nerd has it's perks. Like when you actually grow a back-bone and stick up for yourself, the faces of the people around you are price-less. Ally Parker has always been a loser. A nerd. A geek. A loner. But after a heart-breaking encounter, she learns that life's not perfect. She moves on, while losing a few kilos too, to become the queen of the school. Will she be a bitch or will she make school life easier for the nerds?

NO LONGER AVAILABLE/I CANNOT FIND THE AUTHOR OR THE BOOK