Chapter 27

"My baby is back!"

Calum's P.O.V

Calum-

okay what time does your train get in babe?

Ava-

3:56pmmmm

Calum-

okay :) i'll be at the station waiting!!!!!

Ava-

I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU! I CAN'T BELIEVE IT HAS BEEN A MONTH!

Calum-

i know :) i can't wait to kiss you & hug you & hold you. i miss you, baby.

Ava-

i'm on the train now. it's only a matter of time now!!!

Calum-

perfect, i can't wait. i'll see you in a few hours :)

Ava & I have both been at uni for a month now. We left the beach house a little over a month ago, we had a bit of time at home to get all packed up & then I went back to my apartment in Sydney with Luke while Ava began her uni adventure in Canberra.

We would Skype or FaceTime a lot & sure, a month away from her was absolutely horrible, but I had my friends here & she was making new friends & beginning a new chapter of her life in Canberra so the month wasn't totally unbearable. But that being said, I needed her with me this weekend.

Once I made it to the train station, I looked at the arrival board so I knew the platform that Ava would be coming in at before I then waited there. Then train eventually pulled in & instantly the station filled with people walking in all directions, some getting on & some getting off the train. People with suitcases, others with briefcases. Some running towards someone, others searching for their loved ones.

& then there was Ava.

I saw her say thank you to the train conductor who was standing by the steps that she exited the train from & then she became one of those searching for someone but she found me right away. I walked as quick as I could towards her & before I could even say anything, I wrapped my arms around her.

"Cal."

"Ava, baby. Oh my baby."

Then Ava pulled away from our hug & she looked up at me, holding my face in her hands. "Oh my god, I missed you."

"I miss you too, Aves." I then leaned down to kiss her a few times. "My baby is back! My baby is back!"

"Woo." She giggled as she reached for my hand before we started walking towards the exit. My apartment was a little bit of a walk but it wasn't too far from the station so we made our way back over but the walk probably took longer than usual since we both kept stopping to kiss each other every few steps.

"Ava?!" Luke yelled as I opened the door. "Is that Ava?"

"It sure is!" She ran inside before Luke appeared from around the corner. "Hey, Luke!"

"Hey bud!" He walked up to give her a hug. "How was the ride over?"

"Totally fine."

"Cool, good. I'm glad you're here."

"Me too." I said as I walked over to her before I wrapped my arm around her waist.

"I was just on my way out to get some alcohol for tonight. What did you guys want?"