Chapter 11

"You should have gone to bed, Ava."

Ava's P.O.V

"Did you hear the plan?" Luke asked me as I was sitting with Marcy & Claire. We were helping dye Marcy's roots since she isn't a natural brunette & it was time to touch up.

"No." I looked up at him. "What plan?"

"Tonight is a guys night. The four of us are checking out a club so you three can have like girl time or whatever."

"Girl time? Thanks Luke." Claire just laughed at him. "Do you want us to watch romantic movies, paint our nails & braid each others hair?"

"Yea. That is what I assume girl time is like."

"Got it Luke, thanks." I spoke as we all rolled our eyes at him. "I'll start thinking of rom coms now."

I was done with Marcy's hair so I set the timer before the three of us did decide what movies we wanted to watch tonight. Luke wasn't totally wrong with his idea of a girls night.

-

"Do I look okay?" Ashton was looking in the mirror in our room.

"Yes. That is the perfect black t-shirt & black jean combo that you own."

"Thanks Aves. I think I look good too."

"Then that's all that matters, bud."

Once Ashton was done getting ready, the four guys met downstairs & then they got into the taxi that they had called.

Us three girls gave them the whole be safe/behave talk but let's be real, those four out by themselves is always a show so I was only expecting chaos & I wouldn't have it any other way.

"Alright." Claire clapped her hands. "I'll go grab the movies, Ava get the popcorn & Marcy find the wine?"

"You got it, captain." Marcy joked before she & I went into the kitchen.

I already had popcorn on the stove popped & Marcy grabbed a bottle of sweet wine from the refrigerator, also grabbing three glasses.

We met Claire over in front of the t.v. I cuddled up on the big chair, with a lot of blankets so I didn't feel alone, as Claire & Marcy sat together on the couch, looking all cute & cuddly.

If I had to be a third wheel, I always preferred it to be with these two because they never overdid the P.D.A in front of others. It was nice.

We started with The Notebook & followed that up with Safe Haven but Marcy started to doze off before we even began The Last Song. Every time I watched this movie, I would only think of the moment I realized my feelings for Calum. The moment he wiped my tears as he held me in his hands. The moment it all changed.

"I'm sorry." Marcy sat up. "I don't think I can last another movie."

"Okay baby. It's alright."

"I'll see you upstairs & goodnight Aves."

"Night Mar." & then I watched Claire watch Marcy get up & I knew that if that was Calum going up to bed, I'd want to be there with him. "Hey Claire? Go with her."

"What?"

"Yea. I'm tired too. Who knows if I'll last another movie. Why don't you just go up to bed with her."

"Are you sure?"

"Yep. I know you don't have too many days before you're apart for uni so go."

"Okay. We'll watch this another night, alright?"