Chapter 28

"Hold up the amount of fingers for how many people you've had sex with."

Ava's P.O.V

"Hey!" Someone opened the apartment door for Calum, Luke & I. We were going to their friend's apartment for a party. "Come on in guys."

Calum put his arm on my back as I followed the friend inside.

"This is Johnny." Calum then said. "& this is my Ava."

"So this is the Ava you haven't shut up about since the day I met you."

"Yep." Calum then reached to hold my hand. "This is her."

"She's a cutie. I see why you haven't shut up about her."

I awkwardly laughed, because I didn't like this type of attention, before I then followed Luke & Calum inside the place to meet the other friends.

I knew Calum had a new group of friends, his uni friends. I had seen them in a lot of photos & I knew of some stories about them but I had never met them so it was a bit nerve-wracking .

I don't know why but I was always a bit intimidated by them. To me, his friends seemed like this older, mature, super smart, attractive & fun group of people. I felt like I personally wouldn't fit in with them, though I can see why Luke & Calum did. I felt like since I had a year abroad, rather than a year at uni, I was a step behind everyone else.

Once we walked towards everyone else, I saw that there was a decent amount of people here, maybe like ten to fifteen & they all had this quality to them that I couldn't quite explain. I felt like I stood out. I looked younger. I was quieter. & the girls were wearing party dresses with heels & I was standing there in jeans & boots. Sure, they were likely overdressed & maybe dressing to impress but still. I stood out.

"Is this Ava?" A girl named Heather yelled across the room. I recognized her form his photos. "You're so cute! It's so nice to finally meet you."

I went around & I met everyone else before it was time to get drinking, which I needed because alcohol helps in situations like these.

"So babe." Calum put out his hand, taking mine in his, & then he led me over to the kitchen. "Let's make us some drinks."

"Okay."

I stood there quietly as Calum measured out a drink for me, opening a beer for him. There were a few other guys in the kitchen too, including Samson who lived here, trying to make small talk like where I went to school, how Italy was, things like that but I just didn't feel like I knew how to talk to them. I felt so out of place.

"Here you go, sweetheart." Calum handed me my cup. "It should be good for you."

"Thank you."

"Aves?"

"What?"

Then Calum turned around so he was standing in front of me & hiding me from the others around us.

"Are you good?"

"What? Yea."

"Are you sure?"

"Yep." I smiled. "I'm fine. Your friends seem amazing."

"They are. Let's go join them. I think we're starting a game so it should get even better."

"Woo." I faked with my smile. "Okay, c'mon."

We joined the others who were all sitting circled around the table. There was only one spot left on the sofa so Calum pulled me down onto his lap. Obviously I'd normally be okay with that but I still just felt weird. I wasn't comfortable around these people as I was our usual group. It takes me awhile to get there.