Epilogue

Calum's P.O.V

Six years later

Ava & I were curled up on our sofa underneath a giant, comfy blanket as some talent show played on our tv in front of us.

But that wasn't what was on our minds at this point.

"I can't believe me we made this." I told her as I held out our sonogram photo. "I can't believe we made a baby. Like we made a person."

"& I can't believe this is what's inside of me right now." She smiled as she put her hands on her stomach. "There's a baby in here."

Ava found out a few months ago that she was pregnant. It wasn't too much of a mystery. We decided we were ready to start a family since I had a job working in a music studio & Ava was the head chef at a restaurant in Sydney.

We married four years ago & that surprised many. Ava & I had only been dating like a year before I proposed. The reason I proposed so soon? I did it the moment I knew.

I knew I loved Ava & I knew she was the one but one night I had this foreshadow that just cemented it all for me. I was sitting on Ava's bed in her uni flat, since I was visiting, & she was walking from her wardrobe over to me but in that moment, I imagined her in while walking down the aisle. I saw Ava in white, with music playing, flowers on the ground. I imagined my hands shaking, my guys standing behind me, my mom crying.

I saw our wedding.

I knew Ava was the bride.

So once I was back in Sydney from my visit with her, I made a detour & I stopped back in our hometown. I spoke with her dad literally the day after my little vision. I also called Michael & I told him. He said since he was her absolute best friend, I had to ask for his permission too but he gave it with no problem.

Once back to my own place downtown, I had Luke come with me as I bought a ring.

Two weeks later, Ava came to visit me for the weekend & I asked her in a simple way.

-

Five Years Ago

"Here. I made you this." I handed Ava a book.

"What?"

"Look at it."

Ava curled up in my lap as she opened the book.

Each page was a picture of us as we grew up.

A picture when we were six & we had ice cream cones melting over us - 'When I knew you were my new best friend.'

A picture when we were seven & we were building a sandcastle on the beach - 'When I knew I loved spending all of my time with you.'

A picture when we were eight at her birthday party with the birthday cake she made herself- 'When I knew I loved your baking.'

A picture when we were nine & we were hanging upside down on the monkey bars 'When I knew I loved our adventures.'

A picture when we were ten & she had no front teeth, I had a broken hand - 'When I knew I loved your smile & that it could take my pain away.'

A picture when we were eleven & she was holding her new puppy as I had a ball in my hand -'When I knew I loved how gentle you were.'

A picture when we were twelve & she was on my back - 'When I knew I never wanted you to ever fall & get hurt.'