Chapter 6

"No. It would be tragic."

Ava's P.O.V

"So are you roomies ready for a night out?" Ashton asked Michael & I as we were all in our room trying to decide what to wear for our first night out in Perth.

"Duh." Michael answered. I just nodded.

"I'm going to take a shower." Ashton said as he left the room.

"Michael." I sighed.

"Ava." He imitated.

"I don't want to go."

"Why?!" Michael groaned.

"Well, because I don't think it'll be fun."

"& why not?"

"Because we know how it's going to go. We'll all get to the bar, we have a drink or two together, all is well. Then, these people that the guys met surfing the other day will show up & whoever this Samantha girl is will be all over Calum & he'll eat up the attention. Then slowly, as the night goes on, Calum will start to separate from us & boom, we're three hours in, he's off making out with the girl in the back of the club & everyone else is trashed, leaving me to deal with the shit alone."

"I won't get trashed tonight. I'm driving so I'll be sober for you."

"Regardless of that part, I'm not in the mood to see Calum with someone else."

"You don't even know who this Samantha girl is. She could have a boyfriend or she may not even be interested in Cal."

"Oh. Right. Let me invite three cute boys out with my friends & I, let me give the cutest one my number, but oh I don't want to get with him."

"Ava. Stop. It's going to be okay. If it isn't, then we come back here early."

"What if he brings her home?"

"He won't."

"You don't know that."

"Well I'm hoping he doesn't."

"Anyway, Marcy & Claire are staying home so I can just stay with them, we can have a girls night."

"Ava, they want to be alone. Alone. Get it? Alone. Let them have the house for awhile. Then they can have their crazy, lesbian sex."

"Ugh." I fell backwards onto the bed. "Tonight might suck."

"Or it might rock. I can find you a good guy! Then you can bring someone home & kick me out of the room."

"Michael? I don't want to bring anyone home. I'm not hooking up with a stranger."

"Fine. But please come with me. You can get super drunk, I'll watch you. Just be drunk & stupid."

"If I get too drunk, I may tell Calum the truth."

"& that might not be so bad."

"No. It would be tragic. It's not happening."

"Then just wear something super sexy & then Calum will drool over you & forget who Samantha is."

"But here's the thing. I want Calum to like me for me, not just because I look hot & he's kind of drunk."

"So you're telling me that if Calum came up to you tonight at the bar & tried to kiss you, you'd stop him?"

"Don't ask me that! But I might. It's not how I see our first kiss going."

"How do you imagine it? Tell me. What's your fantasy with Cal?"

"Not telling." I pretended to zip my lips. "That's for me to know."