14: So Rich His Dogs Name Is Dollar

Flashlight by Jessie J covered by Bethany Mota
Picture of Aurora

Aurora walked back to the clearing after spending the past hour looking for Jesse. It had been five hours since his figure vanished from Aurora's eye sight and she was beyond worried. She passed worried two hours earlier, now she was panicked.

"Hey," she called out, heading towards Keenan. He was sitting in a chair with India, Ivan, Lee, and Willow playing a card game. Anger brewed inside her at the sight. Jesse was alone in the woods and they were playing a game!

"Oh hey we were getting worried about you," Keenan said as she approached.

"Really," she seethed. "Have you been getting worried about Jesse than? He's been missing for five hours! I can't find him anywhere!"

"Why do you care," Ivan asked, his narrowed eyes calculating Aurora.

"Because I'm a human being you Sasquatch," she yelled, making Lee sputter with laughter. "What about you," Aurora asked, turning her icy glare to India. "Don't you care where your little boyfriend is?"

"He's not my boyfriend," India said, her voice hitched up in confusion. "I thought you were dating him?"

"Me," Aurora laughed, "hell no."

"But-"

"The girl's right," Ivan said, interrupting India. Giving a pointed look to Keenan he said, "Go help her find him."

Keenan looked at him oddly before realization dawned on his features. "Oh right of course," he stammered, struggling to stand up. "We need to find him."

Aurora looked into Keenan's eyes, trying to figure out what his motives were. She gave up once she couldn't find anything, huffing in frustration. She didn't want to spend any alone time with the football star but it looked like no one else was going to help her.

"Better keep up rich boy," she grunted before heading back into the woods.

...

"So," Keenan said, "Canada right?"

Aurora grunted as she hopped over a fallen log. "I swear to God that if you ask if I drink maple syrup out of the bottle I will personally kill you."

"Actually," Keenan said, hoping over the same log. "I was going to ask if you miss it."

Aurora stopped in her tracks and slowly turned around to face Keenan. "I've lived in the same house my entire life, I've been going to school with the same people my entire life, that was my home," she snarled, "of course I fucking miss it."

"I'm sorry," he said, scratching the back of his neck. "That was a stupid question."

"Damn right it was," she grumbled before turning back around and continuing on with her search for Jesse. She shouted his name a couple times, hoping to hear a response back but there was nothing. She sighed in defeat and kept going.

"Can I ask why you moved here," Keenan whispered from behind her. He was hardly contributing at all. He was more interested in Aurora's butt than Jesse.

"No you can't."

Keenan rolled his eyes. "Why are you so grouchy all the time?"

"Will you stop with the interrogation," she snapped. "I'm not answering any of your questions!"

"Why not," he whined. "I'll answer yours."

She stopped to bend down and pick up a stick that reached up to her hip. With it in hand she continued walking. "Fine, I have a question."