13: Protective Much?

Cover of Oath by Cher Loyd
Picture of Luna Kale

The next morning Keenan let India sleep in. He sat next to Ajax as he cooked breakfast for everyone on the portable stove they brought.

"How did it go last night with India," he asked Keenan. "Are you going to hit that or not?"

Keenan punched Ajax hard in the shoulder.

"Ow," he whined, "I didn't say me."

"India is my friend, I'm not going to sleep with her." Keenan was quite tired of how everyone assumed he was or had already slept with India. Sure she was really attractive but she fell into the friend category, not the fuck buddy one.

"You know I was thinking," Ajax said, waving his spatula through the air. "India seems like the type of girl who has never kissed a boy so what do you think she would do if the star quarter back suddenly takes an interest in her? Show her some loving bro and she'll be all yours. She wouldn't even glance in Jesse's direction."

"I don't need to do that," Keenan growled. "She told Jesse to stay away from her last night. She knows he's bad news and to steer clear of him. So that means I have the time to focus on Aurora."

"Oh yeah how is that progressing?"

"Horribly," he grumbled. "She's such a bitch but I think I can get through to her. I just have to try really hard."

"Right and how are you going to do that?"

"She thinks I'm a spoiled brat who looks down on her. I'm going to prove to her that she's wrong."

"Good luck with that," Ajax hummed as his brother and Luna approached, holding hands. "She's a feisty one."

"Where's India," Luna asked Keenan. Keenan noticed the way her eyes were darting around, as if she was suddenly going to pop up out of nowhere.

"She's still sleeping."

"I'll go wake her up," she exclaimed, leaving the boys behind before Keenan could protest.

"Do we got anything planned today," Aiden asked, his eyes telling Keenan and his brother what he really meant.

"Keenan is going to try to break down Aurora," Ajax said with a mischievous grin.

"Oh good luck with that bro," Aiden laughed, clapping Keenan on the shoulder.

"How's Luna going," Ajax asked his twin.

"Pretty good," Aiden smirked, "I got to cope a feel all night."

Keenan couldn't help but laugh. "She let you grab her boob the entire night?"

"Hey the girl knows what she wants, I'm just providing." Ajax rolled his eyes at his brother while Keenan was busy looking at India emerging from their tent. While the two brothers talked about their girls and when they would be able to switch, Keenan was busy glaring at the thing in India's hand.

"What the hell is that," Luna snapped, eying the leather jacket in India's hands.

"Oh it's uh," India mumbled, feeling her cheeks flame in embarrassment.

"Don't tell me it's Jesse's," Luna snarled, looking at it with distaste.

"It's not Jesse's," India lied but Luna could tell.

Luna swapped the worn old thing from India's grasp. "Why do you have this India?"

"He gave it to me last night," she mumbled. "I forgot to give it back."