Chapter 31: More Pain

The siblings were having coffee at home when Charlene blurted out:

"I'm not being nosy but what's the status between you and Elle? It's just so strange for me to see you guys together after what happened in the past.''

"We had coffee... only one time... after we accidentally bumped into each other at Wyerson." He missed out the part that he searched for her in the social media and discovered that she's there.'' But to answer your question: I want us, eventually, to be at least friends."

"She got a new boyfriend now?"

"I don't know but I think she might be with someone I know but..."

"Oh Kerr..."

'' She deserves to be happy Charlene and it doesn't mean that it has to be me. Whoever he is, he is a very lucky guy. I really want her to be loved wholeheartedly this time because she's more than worth it."

She gave him a hug. She felt so sorry and sad for him because she witnessed how broken he was after Elle broke up with him and just disappeared from Ashburnham Place right after the break-up. He had been single all these years because she knows that he's still keeping that hope in his heart that she will come back one day and eventually have a second chance to make up for what he did to her years ago. She still remembers the time when he came home really happy thinking that Elle has come back, just because he saw the tenant moving out. He immediately slid down to his low moods after realizing that it's just a new tenant moving in. So when Kerr accepted that post in Africa, she was sad to see him go but happier that he's changing his environment. It will be good for him...rather the best for him, she thought. To heal his broken heart and to finally forgive himself. Over the years, they really became closer as siblings and the best of friends, despite the distance physically between them.

A week later, Charlene and Elle decided to meet again. Charlene asked his brother to come but he hesitated. He didn't want to be an intruder this time so he begged off. He missed her a lot, that's true but he also wanted his sister to spend time with her, just by themselves.

Charlene called up Kerr to pick her up at Elle's apartment. Charlene and Elle were already waiting at the condo lobby when he parked his car. He came to where they were standing and Elle shyly smiled at him. Charlene gave Elle a hug and then whispered something which surprised her a lot. He caught her giving him a swift stare then looked away.

Writer's Message:

If you were Kerr, will you find the courage to ask her if she and Donnelley are together, considering what happened in the past?

Hang on folks!

It will get worse before it gets better!