Chapter 12: Hello Love

Elle is slowly regaining her smile and Kerr is also gaining confidence to face her once and for all. One day, he went to a flower shop and bought her favourite flowers on his way to Elle's home. He was very nervous when he rang the doorbell in Ashburnham Place.

"I'll get it!" Allison shouted in the hallway. The smile on her face was immediately erased as soon as she saw Kerr standing by the steps.

Allison looked around and closed the door behind her. Facing Kerr, she asked:

"Certified heartbreaker, what brought you here?"

"I am here to see Elle."

Why now?''

This confrontation is very uncomfortable for Kerr. First, he knows how much she hates him. Second, he knows she has every right to be upset about his presence at Elle's home.

"If I can't be a good boyfriend to her, at least I can still be a good friend... that's why I'm here," Kerr retorted to Allison. He expected her to be more upset, but the unexpected happened. For some reason, she agreed that Elle needs other company aside from her family. She let him in.

Elle came out not long after Kerr was shown in to her home.

Kerr avoided staring at her covered legs. Elle noticed Kerr's discomfort and said

"It's okay to look down Kerr... it won't bite!"

-She's smiling at him now but you can sense the sadness in her eyes despite the smile on her lips. He felt a lump on his throat.

"How are you doing?'' Kerr was trying to hold himself together. He never thought he will be overwhelmed like this in front of Elle.

"I'm learning how to walk with one leg... soon."

They did not talk about what happened to her as if both of them are too scared to touch something that will burn them both... forever.

Kerr said goodnight to Elle and asked if he can visit again, and bring Charlene next time. Elle agreed and waved him goodbye.

That night, for the first time in his life, Kerr cried over a girl...Elle.