Chapter 6

From now on all chapters are in Sophie's POV... Enjoy!

We pulled up outside an apartment block. Phil climbed out of the taxi then helped me out. The clean air made my lungs jump start. It smelled so different around here than it did at the orphanage. It smelled so much better! Phil punched the code in for the apartment building and we entered the lift. I didn't tell them but I had a strange fear of lifts. I sucked it up and tried to make my mind think about the apartment. The apartment I'd seen in their videos. My new home. As the doors opened on the seventh floor I rushed out nearly making phil fall over. Dan carried my suitcases in and I carried a few extra plastic bags.
"So Sophie, this is your room" Dan said opening a door. I recognised this room. It was dan's old one. Obviously now that they were married he'd be sleeping with phil. There was already a double bed with a white metal frame and a bare mattress in the middle of one wall opposite the window. There was a large white wardrobe next to the window with draws next to it and on the other side in the corner there was a corner desk with a Apple Mac laptop on it.
"Whoa!" I said as I gazed around the ginormous room. This was even bigger than Tommy's room at the orphanage and at least three times bigger than my little cupboard room.
"I'll help you unpack" said Dan.
"Me too!" Phil called from somewhere else in the apartment. We started with clothes. They'd already bought my loads of clothes hangers even though I didn't have that many clothes. We began to make my bed up then we realised I didn't have any duvet covers, pillow covers, sheets or curtains nor did I have a light shade.
"Off to town!" Phil said skipping out of the door. Dan rolled his eyes and went out with me following him. We took Dan's car into town. It was about half an hours drive away. We chatted, laughed and listened to music from the radio and Phil's phone.

Once we arrived in town we went into a cute little shop somewhere on a back road. It reminded me of the lanes in Brighton, that I'd seen in Zoe's vlogs, just a little bit busier. Inside the shop it was massive, from the outside it looked small but inside it was huge.
"Right we need the second floor" Dan said studying the floor descriptions that was written on a black chalk board in green chalk. We had a competition as to who could reach the floor first. Dan won because he jumped two steps at a time. On the second floor it was aisles of bedding sheets, curtains, blinds, duvets, pillows and everything else related to that stuff. I chose a lilac coloured duvet covers and pillow cover set and a white sheet. I then chose plain white curtains and a plain white light shade.
"Wow cool come and look at this!" Phil exclaimed from another aisle. Dan pushed the trolley and I followed him to where the voice came from. Phil was stood over a large table that was full of lights. He was holding up a purple lava lamp.
"Wow!" Dan said.
"That's so cool!" I said watching the little bubbles float up and down the lamp. Phil placed one into the trolley. I really didn't like them spending all this money on me but every time I said something Dan would completely ignore me or say they wouldn't have taken me if they couldn't give me the best. I felt warmed to have people that cared for me. Phil then placed a green and a blue knee into the trolley.
"One for the kitchen and living room" he said shrugged at Dan who raised an eyebrow.

We then moved up to the third floor where there was little accessories. Dan needed to get some stuff for his office so Phil took me up and down the aisle 'ooing' and 'ahhing' at every little thing. I found some white photo frames which hung down from each other by string so they looked like a rope ladder and a small purple photo frame which stood up. Phil found a lilac rug and shoved it into the trolley. Dan came back with his stuff and also carrying a blackboard with some chalk pens.
"You might need this for when you start school again" he said. School. The very word shot fear through my veins.
"Am I moving to a new school?" I asked.
"Well, we were going to have this conversation with you later but since we're on the subject" phil said "how about being homeschooled?"
"I would seriously love that!" I said excitedly, no more bullies. No more stuck up girls with so much make up on their faces they turned orange. No more worrying about getting lost or scary teachers or the year 11's that constantly picked on the younger kids.
"We'll get a tutor in every day for a few hours and for exams we'll get you an examiner" Dan said.
"That would be amazing" I said. I hugged Dan and Phil in turn. In a few hours, my life had turned from bad to amazing.

Xxx