Chapter 25

We saw the sun rise together, it was beautiful. We sat with him silently. Please Phil just wake up. A nurse came in about half past 10. She looked very sorry and sympathetic. I looked at Dan and he just sat and stared at Phil. Tears began running down my face as I looked at her. She gave my sympathetic nod. I squeezed Phil's hand. Dan got up and walked towards her. They spoke a few words but I couldn't hear over the machines. She left and he walked back over to me.
"She said they're going to turn the machines off at 11" he whispered wiping a tear off my cheek "I'll give you some time alone with him, say what you need to and don't be afraid"
"I will, thank you" I whispered back hugging him. He left the room and I took a deep breath "so Phil, it's just me know. Dan's just gone to get something"
"Just give her some times please" I heard from outside the door. Dan probably fighting off an imposing doctor.
"Thank you, for everything" I said "you've given me something I couldn't never have asked for. You've given me a life when I had none. You've given me hopes, dreams and goals when I was lost. You've given me support so that I can hit those goals. But most of all you've given me a family and it may be crazy and weird to some people but it's the best thing in the world to me and having to do this break my heart. I promise I'll look after Dan, you don't have to worry about him. I'll keep him from doing things he'll regret, I'll get him back on track. I'll do everything for him. Don't you worry. I love you Dad"

I gave him a huge hug and lay there for a few seconds. I willed his arms to come up and hug me back but they stayed limp by his side. I walked out of the room and let Dan go in. He gave me a comforting hug. Out in the hallway there was a nurse and two doctors. I stood awkwardly next to the nurse with my back and head against the wall tears streaming down my face. God I hope dan was okay.

Dan's POV
I gave Sophie a bog hug when she left the room. I admired that kid. She was so strong but I could see she was cracking. I wen it to the dark from and held my loves hands.
"Phil Lester you've turned my life around. You were my first best friend. My first love and my first husband. You will be my only husband. God I'd i hadn't've met you I don't know what the hell I would've done with my life. You encourage me to make my first video and here we are. We have a beautiful adopted daughter and amazing life and some incredible memories which I will hang onto for the rest of my life. I love you so damn much Phillip Lester. I will never ever forgot you or replace you. Those are some big shoes to fill. I love you so much" I kissed the top of his head with my wet, tear ridden lips. The door opened and I saw the clock. 11am.

Xxx