Chapter 12

Two years later (vote if you read this with the voice from sponge on in your head, if you didn't... Vote anyway!)
Also, this chapter contains Kung Fu talk as I am actually a black belt so if you are interested in finding out what the moves mean then search up the move in YouTube but make sure it's Wing Chun Kung Fu, not the other kind. I don't know if it come up with anything but worth a try!

"And grading up to orange belt today is... Scarlett!" Master Dave called out and took the belt from the box I was holding. Little scarlet excitedly walked from her place on the mats and received her belt. Everyone clapped and she bowed then returned to her spot.
"Thank you for today everyone" we bowed and master Dave dismissed the class. I'd been a black belt for nearly four months now and I loved it. I'd double graded three times and reached black extremely quickly much of the annoyance of my friend Alice who took six years to get her black belt. I'd made tons of friends at Kung fu, my closest were Callum, Alice, Tom, Freya and Faye. I remember starting two years ago when Dan and Phil brought me every lesson until I reached green belt and I started coming four times a week. I now train every day apart from Sundays unless there is a master class then I usually help out.
"Sophie, Alice, Callum and tom" master Dave called out just before I entered the changing rooms "come here a second"
We gathered around him. We were all black belts.
"I've noticed that you guys are my most motivated and dedicated students. You all train four, five or six times a week. You'll help out at the classes your not required to come too and your drive for the sport is incredible. I've decided to start a competition squad. Just local competitions. I want you guys to be the team. I know your all quite good friends" he said. I couldn't believe it. He wanted us to be his competition squad.
"Really?" Tom spoke my exact thoughts.
"Yes, I think that it would be great to have some awards and for you guys to experience it" he said.
"It would be amazing" I said.
"Great, first competition is this weekend. Details to come" he said leaving us amazed.

I ran downstairs to Dan and Phil who was waiting in the car.
"Hey... Whoa" Dan said as I opened the back door, threw my stuff in and jumped in excitedly.
"Hi" phil said.
"Master Dave wants to start a competition squad and I'm on it. Local competitions. Awards. Maybe ever branch out to competitions over the country!" I said excitedly then took a deep breath "hi by the way!"
"A competition squad?" Dan said.
"Yes!" I exclaimed as Phil began to drive.
"Touring the country?" Phil said.
"Yes!" I exclaimed again.
"Sounds amazing!" Dan said "well done"
"Our first competition is this weekend" I said sighing as I settled into my seat.
"Really?" Phil asked as we turned onto our road.
"Yep" I replied "I have to practise"
"We'll you've got your stuff" Dan said beginning to get out as we pulled onto the apartment block' scar park.

"1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10" Dan counted for me as I beat the crap of out the mitts he was holding. I changed into a pair of leggings and a top I generally wore under my suit for Kung fu "now roundhouse"
I kicked the pad hard. Dan began counting again, throwing in random kicks, blocks and ducks to ale things interesting. I trained for about an hour with Dan then moved on my own. I went into my room and practise my forms. I practised Siu Nim Tau and chum Kiu. I boxed oath my pink boxing gloves on my black punch back which phil installed to hang from my roof in a space in my room. I quickened my punching rate by 7 seconds within that time. I practised various kicks and then decided to call it a day. I jumped in the shower and changed. I walked back into the living room to see Dan and Phil beginning to watch Death Note.
"How dare you attempt to watch the next episode without me!" I said laughing as he played the new episode.

Xxx