Chapter 9 - Awkward

Hailey's P.O.V.

"Ruby, I don't know what to wear," I sighed looking through my closet. "Why are you so nervous Hailes? It's only 5:30 and we're not gonna meet them till 8."

"I don't know, I'm worried I'll look bad. And then, as usual I'll be 'the weird girl', I don't wanna be that. What about you lexi, what do you think I should wear?" I said in a baby voice looking at lexi. She squealed throwing her tiny arms around my neck. I laughed and kissed her on the check. Ahh, I love this baby.

"Hailey, when did you get this?"

"Oh that? I got it with Rayyan back in Egypt, she picked it and told me it's very beautiful." I said looking at the dress in Ruby's hands. It was a dark red spaghetti strap dress with lace on it's top half. I bought it the day before we got here.
"Try it on, it looks so stunning, and I'm pretty sure it will look even more beautiful on you, "
"Okay," I sighed taking it and going into the bathroom to try it on. She was right, it did look beautiful.

"What do you think?" I said stepping out of the bathroom. Her jaw was slightly hanging, with her eyes widened. "You look so hot," she breathed, I looked at her with a weird face, then started to laugh loudly. "No seriously you look stunning. "

"You really think so?" I said looking at my dress. "I really KNOW so," she assured me with a big smile splattered on her face. "There, try these on," she told me handing me a pair of black pumps, and a clutch. "But these are yours."

"Its okay, plus they will look really good on the dress," she said putting her hand on my shoulder. just then my phone went off, I looked at it to find it was a strange number.

"Hello?" I answered as my aunt looked at me with confusion.
"Hailey, it's me, "

"Rayyan?"

Ross' P.O.V

"No. no. noooo way," I muttered to myself flipping through the cloths inside the closet. "DELLYYY," I shouted plopping on the bed. The door then burst open reveling a shocked Rydel. "What's wrong? you scared the hell out of me," She said sitting g beside me on the bed.

"I have no idea what to wear, please help me," I begged her holding her hand as she stood and walked to the closet. "Are you nervous?" She asked looking through my dress shirts. "no. Why would you say that? " I asked scratching the back of my neck.

"Because. You are never worried about what you should wear.
you just pick the first thing you see in front of you. Ross? Are you hiding something? " she said dropping the white dress shirt and the dark blue leather jacket on the bed.

My hands were all sweaty, and I was fiddling with my thumps, "n-no, " I said trying as hard as possible not to stutter out the words. "She raised her eyebrows and leaned at me looking into my eyes. I backed away avoiding eye contact. "SPILL IT."

"Jeez, calm down. Ill tell you, just don't tell anyone. Promise?" I raised my pinkie finger as Rydel smiled and hooked her finger against mine. "Promise."

"I, really, really, really like Hailey," I said quickly, " and I wanted to dress nice, is that a problem?" I asked as she handed me the outfit and sat down. "Do you think she likes you back?"

"I don't know, maybe, but I kinda hope she does," I said whispering the last part as I smiled. "Is she beautiful? " Rydel asked betting her hand under her chin, I swear I felt like I was telling her a story not a secret.

"Yes. Long bright brownish hair, bright blue eyes, not really tanned. But most of all, she's the sweetest, most nicest girl I've ever met," my mind was speaking itself and I had no idea what I was saying. "I'm falling hard for her," I whispered smiling, I didn't even realize reply was still here. "Awweee, Railey Is my new OTP, " she squealed jumping around. "Seriously? Railey?" On the second thought it's a cute ship name. "Now come on, get dressed. We don't wanna be late," she said hopping up and walking to the door.

Hailey's P.O.V.

"I am really sorry Hailey, my phone got cracked and I had to buy a new one, and so I just did. Thats why I didn't call you," Rayyan said from the other line, as I sat down on the bed.

"It is okay, I was just worried sick about you. Face time? " I asked grabbing the iPad from the night stand . "Okay ," I hanged up, immediately receiving a call from Rayyan. "Hey," I waved to the camera. "Hi, is that the dress we bought before we left?"

"Yeah, Ruby made me wear it since we're invited to a "fancy" dinner with our neighbors," I said looking down at the dress then back at her. "Ooh, that's why you're all dolled up," she said smirking. Rayyan and her smirks.

"I am not dolled up, what ever that is, is it not normal that I want to look good? "

"It is. But it is not when it's because of a certain someone, Hailey has a cruush," she said wiggling her eyebrows as I fake glared at her.

Later that day

"Hailey, jason this is Rydel, Riker, Rocky and Ryland," Ross said pointing at his siblings as each one of them waved. "Guys, this is Hailey, and Jason,"

"Hey," we waved awkwardly, glancing at mom and dad to see them greeting Ross' parents. I swear I felt so freaking awkward, I wanted to run in the pool outside.

I sat down brushing my dress off the chair. I glanced at Jason who was sitting to my right. I tapped on his shoulder as he leaned down. "I feel so awkward," I said quietly into his shoulder. "Why?"

"Almost Every. Single. Person. is staring at me," I said chuckling slightly. "Just act normal," he said already having his attention on the Lynches. I turned back to them smiling.

"Your awkwardness is adorable," Ross said his voice barely a whisper I heard from my left. I looked at him to find him staring at me. I blushed looking at my hands, as he did the same. I felt a strange yet funny feeling in my stomach but tried to hide it.

************************************

The waitress dropped the plates on the table. Pork . Why did it have to be pork? "Aren't you gonna eat? " Jason said tapping on my shoulder. "Pork," I said quietly looking at him. "Shit. Do you wanna exchange? " I glanced at his plate to find it had spaghetti with white sauce on top. At least I'm not allergic to that. "yes please."

We passed the plates to each other's side. Just as I was about to grab the fork It slipped off my finger and fell on the ground. Seriously? I bent down to grab it when I saw a dog, a freaking dog laying under the table, I got frightened but tried my best to calm down.

"Uhhmm, there's a dog under the table," I said to everyone in particular. They first looked confused but then Riker stuck his down. Suddenly we felt a bang from under the table, Riker went back up rubbing the back of his head. Then, it all started.